Sign in to follow this  
Guest djantjoeks

Rarotonga by Tim Clayton CTD

Guest djantjoeks

I flew from NTAA to NCRG, i'm using rarotonga by Tim Clayton from avsim library.Everytime i came closer to rarotonga, it crashed to desktopIt happened at about 160-ish nm from RG VOR.I'm on VPA's world tour now, but the CTD is always occured.Can you help me?Thx!

I flew from NTAA to NCRG, i'm using rarotonga by Tim Clayton from avsim library.Everytime i came closer to rarotonga, it crashed to desktopIt happened at about 160-ish nm from RG VOR.I'm on VPA's world tour now, but the CTD is always occured.Can you help me?Thx!
I'm afraid I cannot help - just downloaded and installed this rather nice little scenery (out in the middle of nowhere) but was unable to duplicate your problem. The flight went smoothly with no CTD.I have no other addons of any kind (scenery or terrain) in this area - perhaps you have something installed which is creating a conflict. Be sure to check for any duplicate afcads for this airport - they can cause all sorts of issues.Good luck! :(

I troubleshoot this kind of thing by first disabling all my third party scenery (backing up and then editing the scenery.cfg file with a text file reader - EditPad Lite (freeware) is VERY useful for this as there are multiple 'undo' options - is the quickest way) and, if that fixes things, reintroduce it bit by bit till I find the culprit: almost bound to be a scenery fairly close to where the CTD happens. If that doesn't cure the CTD, then I disable all my addon AFCADs (useful if you have them all in one place!) and again reintroducing them to find the culprit. And usually the last step (more of a pain!), is to start looking in the main FS9/scenery folder for problems (e.g. any bgl files been replaced by 3rd. party stuff?).I find that most often a sudden CTD is due to a faulty bgl file, like an AFCAD, or sometimes due to a missing bmp file in a 3rd. party texture folder. Concentrate (of course!) on the area around where the CTD occurs (FS Navigator map, or similar, very useful in pinpointing local sceneries which may be the cause): I usually find the culprit failrly quickly.Martin