Sign in to follow this  

Where to find patches and basic guidance for a newcomme...

Hello there...I have received my FS2002 by mail this morning and installed it with succes. Usually there is one or more problems that have to be fixed by a patch or two and so I just wonder where to find these basic patches and general guidance to the top of the list "must have files".Regards Jesper85 hours PPL...and counting

Guest flightpro08

Jesper,Unfortunitly, Microsoft has never released any patches for FS2002. The next version of Flight Simulator, A Century of Flight: FS2004, is coming out this July, and is really the only "patch" for FS2k2. ;)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Testerhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.86 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest danowat

Hi Jesper,Welcome to FS2002!!!!, as for patches there are none, except the large one coming out in July :).As for must have files, WOW, there are loads. really it all boils down to what you are after, there is so much about that everybody will have their own favorites.Maybe state what sort of planes you wish to fly and what areas you wish to fly them in and I will try to help you.Otherwise a search in the file library using the "number of downloads" option, the number of downloads is USUALLY a good sign that it is a must have.Have fun with FS2002, and if you have any problems ask, there are usually a few helpfull souls on here!! :)Dan.

Guest Rockcliffe

Just about any question you could have will be answered quickly and cheerfully in this forum. There are knowledgeable and helpful people from all over the world willing to offer their time and wisdom.It's a great place to hang out.As Dan said, there are countless add ons available, but if I were you I'd spend quite a bit of time with just the basics, learning what the program can and can't do, and practising basic flying techniques.It's very easy to get distracted by the all the add on aircraft and sceneries and spend your time modifying the sim without ever actually flying it.Good luck, have fun, and welcome to the forum. There's no looking back now!BlairOttawa, Canada

Guest Dominique

As an ex-Fly!er myself I cannot but bid you welcome.Tnere's a nifty multipurpose utlity called FSUIPC I advise you to get. it's quite useful among others things to tune yoke, pedals and throttle. It's free. FS2K2 doesn't have Terrascene sceneries but the next best thing is Landclass sceneries and mesh. There're various free and payware offers. Look here for instance http://www.fsgenesis.net/.This forum has a Tips/hints section which might be useful. Look above...2K2 came out pretty much OK so there's no patch but a new version should be here in July. Dominique

Hey Jesper, welcome!!! good advice on the " most downloaded" search, also for the months hottest files is good. One file that is a must is ACTIVE CAMERA http://www.anticyclone.be/active.html this thing is fantastic. Depends on what you are into, a majority fly the "big iron" so there are quite a bit of aircraft to choose from (and a ZILLION repaints of them!) Loads of really good detailed airports also, although quite a bit are overseas than here, if you have a really strong system the Simflyers airports are great!If you are into bush flying, there is a huge community for that with a good part of the Alaskan wilderness covered in scenery and some pretty sweet aircraft.If you are into having crowded skies, check out Project AI, it will enhance this quite a bit! There is also a small (but growing and dedicated) helicopter community.So ask away and we will show you the light! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi DanThank you for responding twice !! ( I simply could

.....A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone for responding to my posting.Regards Jesper

Guest danowat

Hi Jesper,As far I I have seen there are no REAL problems with FS2002 that need patching.As for Scandinavian scenery check out www.fsnordic.net, unless you have not already.If I could only choose one GA plane, it would probably be the Aero Commander series by Milton Shupe and his team, they are very good.The PC-12 by Brian Gladden is also very good737, well there are two very good ones, they are by the Freeware flight group, and Yeodesigns, try them both out.Commuter Plane, Three spring to mind, the ATR series by Francisco S

Guest Rockcliffe

Valu-prop Beech Baron is also an excellent choice.Where in Denmark are you? My wife's sister and her husband live in Helsingor and we've visited there a few times. A lovely country.RegardsBlairOttawa

Guest hermes

Ttools and Afcad are "must have" to improve AI also

Ooops - never mind, someone already answered.Welcome to the Flight Sim family though!!Mike

...HELSINGOR...NOW, thats funny. I live 7 kilometers south of Helsingor in a city called Espergaerde. Every day I go to work in Helsingor....so...I could actually go and say hello to your wifes sister...........funny thing !Regards Jesper.