Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

FS2Crew-PDMG MD11 Conflict

I am running FSX SP1 under Vista. The PDMG MD-11 runs fine. I installed the matching FS2Crew, Update 3, and the Start Center. When I open the Center and select the tab for the MD-11, there is no button to "set

I am running FSX SP1 under Vista. The PDMG MD-11 runs fine. I installed the matching FS2Crew, Update 3, and the Start Center. When I open the Center and select the tab for the MD-11, there is no button to "set
Set the....

I don't know what happened to that first post but to carry on---when I choose the MD-11 tab, I don't get a button that says" Set Panel Config File For FS2Crew MD-11. When I exit the Start Center to FSX, the program begins to load then I get a window asking me if I want to run vcrew0.GAU. That box will not respond to any input and the FSX load process simply freezes.Thanks again,Eric

Just to double check things I re-installed FS2. When I opened the MD-11 tab I notice that Restore Original PDMG MD-11 Panel Config File is in red script and pushing the button seems not to affect anything. Also the vcrew0.GAU snafu doesn't occur when loading FSX but upon loading the MD-11.Eric

Just to double check things I re-installed FS2. When I opened the MD-11 tab I notice that Restore Original PDMG MD-11 Panel Config File is in red script and pushing the button seems not to affect anything. Also the vcrew0.GAU snafu doesn't occur when loading FSX but upon loading the MD-11.Eric
Hello Eric,I'll explain how it all works.FS2Crew consists of Gauge files. These Gauge files get loaded via the MD-11's panel.cfg file. If the panel.cfg does not have the FS2Crew gauges on it, FS2Crew will not load when you load the MD-11.When you installed FS2Crew, the FS2Crew installer should have automatically swapped your pre-existing MD-11 panel.cfg file with a different panel.cfg file, namely, one that includes the FS2Crew Gauges.In the FS2Crew Start Center, there is a button used flip back and forth between the original PMDG panel.cfg that has no FS2Crew gauge entries on, and one that does have the FS2Crew gauge entries on it.This way you can activate/de-activate FS2Crew fully with one simple mouse button click.As to your issue with the gauges hanging when you load FSX: I assume this is happened after you attempted to load the MD-11 with the Panel.Cfg set to FS2Crew.It sounds like it happened during the screen where it asks you if you want to "trust" the FS2Crew gauges (such as VCrew0)I suspect you may have accidently selected "No" when asked if you want to trust the gauge.Please do this:Delete your FSX.CFG file. It will auto rebuild the next time you load FSX, but you'll need to reset your display settings, etc.Here's how to locate the FSX.CFG file:http://flyawaysimulation.com/postt22397.htmlAfter deleting the FSX.CFG file, re-load FSX and the MD-11 aircraft.Ensure you select "Always Trust" when asked if you want to trust any gauges.If you should select 'no' by mistake, the gauge won't load and everything will come down like a house of cards.Hope that helps,

Hello Bryan,Thanks for taking the time to explain to me how to sort the issues that I mentioned. I did exactly as you suggested and things are now working as they should.Thanks again,Eric

Hello Bryan,Thanks for taking the time to explain to me how to sort the issues that I mentioned. I did exactly as you suggested and things are now working as they should.Thanks again,Eric
You're welcome.Glad you got it resolved!Best,