Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

ATS wont disengage

Im so frustrated please help...Since downloading and installing the new MD11 patch, I cannot get the ATS to disengage at all... I have never had any problems up until the new patch.I normally fly on autopilot as normal, then when I am abut 1000 feet AGL I will disconnect auto flight and auto thrust and land manually.No matter what I do ATS will not disengage. I try using the keyboard command that I have assigned, I try pushing the button on the throttles in the VC as well as the 2D throttle panel and it does nothing. I keep flying over the runway over and over and over. I've done maybe 6 flights and this is always the same result, the only way I can get it to disengage is to let the plane touch down and it disengages automatically. any ideasnoah b

Noah Bryant

Verify your keycommand for ATS disengage is not also used by MSFS (delete the default key assignment if one exists), and reset the pmdg keycommand in the options menu.What happens when you hit the F1 key?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest CX355
Verify your keycommand for ATS disengage is not also used by MSFS (delete the default key assignment if one exists), and reset the pmdg keycommand in the options menu.What happens when you hit the F1 key?
In addition, if you run FSUIPC, one must be very sure that cmds that are not used or used have not been assigned elsewhere in MSFS. I have come to suspect when a button is no longer in function then more likely than not there is a conflict somewhere. As a long time user to be safe delete all FSUIPC cmds, delete FS cfg and start from the beginning if you are unable to find the problem, this is not always required but it is a sure bet. Two (2) if you use FSUIPC delete all FS cmds and disable joystick. Then begin to reassign all cmds as needed thru FSUIPC, I personally would not mix between the two. Vincent

I checked in FS and nothing else holds that key command (im using ctrl+num pad del)I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC. I havnt tried pressing F2 but will on my next flight. Also keep in mind, that even pressing the actual button in the cockpit does not disengage the ATS.

Noah Bryant

Guest CX355
I checked in FS and nothing else holds that key command (im using ctrl+num pad del)I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC. I havnt tried pressing F2 but will on my next flight. Also keep in mind, that even pressing the actual button in the cockpit does not disengage the ATS.
Is number lock on or off?

I've had something similar...in the final stages on DES I set the IAS manually and activate by pulling the knob. But for some unknown reason the speed stays 'fixed' to an earlier speed I had set.So...I had set the speed at..let's say 180kts...sometime later I set the speed to 160kts, pull the knob, but nothing happens. Thouchdown also doesn't disengage the AT.Only manually disengaging the AP seems to help.Running MD-11 FS9 version with latest patch.

Make sure your throttle is set to idle on your joystick or controller, as that can interfere with the logic of ATS disconnect on touchdown...Andrew

Make sure your throttle is set to idle on your joystick or controller, as that can interfere with the logic of ATS disconnect on touchdown...Andrew
It always is. I always take the levers on my yoke to idle even before the actual landing...mostly during the APP.

OK, just debugging... removing the differential diagnoses one by one...:) Happy hunting for the problem... I need to fly the MD-11 again... haven't done so for a couple of weeks...Andrew

Noah, the differential diagnoses is running out of options. May we have a screen shot of the panel after you try to disengage ATS, and specify the attempted method.If you are going to try the F-function keys, F1 closes throttle and F2 decreases throttle.

Dan Downs KCRP

yes i am going to do a flight today and try the above listed suggestions and let you know - thanks for the helpIncidentally - is there anything that can be done about the constant bouncing and jerking of the throttles? It's so hard to hit the little button on the throttles when it is instantly bouncing back and forth etc.

Noah Bryant

Unfortunately no... the animation of the controls is done by MSFS as I understand it.. same for control yoke. Looks odd doesn't it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Perhaps it's better to assign a key to the TO/GA. That's at least the only button on the throttles I know off.

yes i am going to do a flight today and try the above listed suggestions and let you know - thanks for the helpIncidentally - is there anything that can be done about the constant bouncing and jerking of the throttles? It's so hard to hit the little button on the throttles when it is instantly bouncing back and forth etc.
Why not just click the two white switches on the panel to the off position? That works for me.Iain Smith