Sign in to follow this  
Marcusb98

Help With ATI

I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747, AMD Turion 64x2 Dual Core TL-56, 2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM, 200GB HDD with Vista. The default graphics program is ATI.I need help with what I should have the settings set to in the Catalyst Control Center. BTW, I am using FSX. The info I know is that I DO have the most up to date drivers. The card is an ATI Radeon X1200, version of ATI Catalyst Control Center is 2007.0424.2145.36967 .NET Runtime Version 2.0.50727.1434. Can anyone give me a rundown on the settings that I should "enable" "disable" "check" "uncheck" or what certain settings should be set to? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The settings you choose are best determined by what you value in terms of how FSX performs. Do you like eye candy, or do you want it smoother on FPS?To determine the best way to get either of those, the simplest thing to do is fire up the Catalyst Control Centre and select the 3D page on it, then look in your system tray at the bottom right of your screen for the ATI icon and right click on it, you should see your graphics card's name listed on the pop up menu. Choose that and it should give you a fly out menu which has a few options such as 'rotate display' 'set desktop area' and '3D settings'. Choose the 3D settings menu item and you should see another fly out menu which has 'standard settings' listed at the top. Choose that and you will see that you can pick several preset graphics set ups such as 'Optimal performance' 'Balanced' 'Optimal quality' etc. Pick one of these and look at the Catalyst Control Centre when you do so, you'll see the settings change on all the 3D sub menu pages when you choose one of those presets, and from observing that, you can see which ones will slow things down but give you prettier views, and which ones will speed stuff up. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here