Sign in to follow this  
plowry

MD-11 Autobrakes and G/S

These problems were raised here on April 5th. I would much like to know if there is a solution to either.I fly the updated FSX version with CH pedals calibrated only with FS - not FSUIPC. The autobrake does not seem to work in any setting. Typically, with the spoilers deployed and the reversers running at 50% N1, I nose off the end of a 7500 foot runway as the F.O. calls out 80 knots. I can avoid that only by standing on the toe brakes. I find the glide slope is captured much of the time, but it is not reliable. Every few landings I intercept the localizer just fine and the F.O. announces the G/S is alive, but then I fly right through it as it moves from top to bottom. I am in the result becoming altogether much too proficient at missed approaches. Peter Lowry

I used to have this problem with the 747 and the MD-11, but after even the first update of the MD-11 I don't have this problem anymore. Granted, I have the Saitek Pedals, but either way...I haven't heard anything on the forums about this for a while, so I'm assuming it was fixed?Paul

Thanks for you comment Paul. Unfortunately I have received no other response so I don't know where to go from here. I have tried re-installing with the current update to no avail. From what I have read as recently as last week the problems only affects a few people. Unhappily I appear to be one of them. Peter.