Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MrFlowdrip

v2 Repaint kit

I know about the downloadable liveries for RFP v2, but has anyone seen or heard of a repaint kit for this aircraft? It is easier for me to start with an all white airplane to modify it's textures than to paint out an older livery white and then start to play Picasso with it. I want to repaint one of them for my hockey team, the San Jose Sharks and include the Stanley Cup on the tail section. First things, first, though. Sharks still have to WIN the Cup and I still need to find a repaint kit for it!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have all the utilities and repaint kit on my server. Paint Kit:http://users.tpg.com.au/captaing//Vmax_Paint_Kit.zipGoran
Thanks Goran, I knew I could count on some other RFP pilot! I just found this forum. Nice to know there are people still out there flying Ralph's and Chris' "whale." I figured when Chris closed up the VIP forum, RFP would kind of fade to the background for the newer planes now available. Last I read about Koegler's VIP update, that it was almost ready to be released. Then I had about 6 months worth of health issues and spent more time in the hospital than out of it. When I was out, being on the computer really wasn't in the cards for me. So basically, I have been out of circulation. Did Chris finish and release the new VIP? Where can I buy it? I missed out on the first VIP edition and there is no way I'm going to miss out on this one!CheersPeter

Hey Flowdrip,Welcome back and hope the recovery is going well. Regarding the new version, you haven't missed it, you're OK. Here is the latest we have regarding next version(Hope I don't muck this up). Its an extract from a posting posted in RFP VIP Edition, question to the developer team thread ( http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=234071) Check Post No. 10 Mar 13 2009, 04:25 AM

It was planned to be released for FS9 and FSX, however, FSX is proving difficult to work with and plans have changed. It may still be released for FSX, but only Chris can answer that as FSX development has been put on hold.Release is unknown at this point. Chris was hoping to have it released last year but other things have taken priority.Rapidforums (the official forum for RFP) will be closing at some point between now and the 1st of June so if you want to stay informed, keep checking back there. I have been providing support and as much information as I can on the official forums as Chris is very busy with another project. In return, Chris has very generously allowed me to try out 2 versions of the new version for the last year and a half.In closing, the original VIP version will not be distributed as freeware. Please do not ask for release dates for the new package on this forum, the official forum, or via email to Ralph, Chris or myself. Ralph is no longer involved with the new project that Chris is developing. That is strictly Chris' baby. Please don't email me about the details or screenshots. If there is any information, it will be given by Chris at the official forums, or if the official forums close down, either he or I will mention something on these forums.At the moment, there is no news to share. A lot has been done to the new version but it is still not ready.I hope this puts to rest any unanswered questions about the original version or the new package.Goran
I'm of course open to correction. But as far as I understand it(and as the man says), the new version is on hold, that least for the time being.Hope the above was a little help. Later,MarkSkyknight

Thanks for the info, Mark. I hope I'm still around when this does get released. I have beaten the Drs. estimate on how long I'll be around, (last May 5th they gave me 4-6 months to live) so in about 3 weeks I'll be here twice as long as what was expected, and to top it off, I'm actually feeling better since I told all of these "expert oncologists" to kiss my butt and that I won't be needing any of their help or advice anymore. Just let nature take it's course. Since doing that, I feel better, eat better, can sleep all night and even went back to work 4 days a week. I couldn't figure out what was worse for me: Cancer or the crap they gave me to get rid of it. I decided the stuff i was being given was worse than the cancer itself, so I quit going and getting those treatments. The doctor is ###### at me for stopping in the middle of it, (I really think he's mad because I'm not going to be the one that buys him his beachfront property on Maui! :( ) In fact, I'm going to do a Toronto to Heathrow flight right after lunch. Again. thanks for the infoCheersPeter