Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icemaker_99

Missing Traffic

Guest Icemaker_99

I have seen references to this problem, but did not bookmark them. (That'l never happen to me . . .Ha Ha Ha) I installed my FS9 onto my new computer, and simply copied all the Aircraft, Traffic and Scenery files from my old hard drive on to the new one, in the appropriate locations. Two questions arise: Is the "activated scenery" list printable?and the Traffic showed sparsely at first, (Just American Airlines and Air Canada) but after a re install over the first install, only the Original traffic shows. Can anyone suggest things I have missed??Any help would be appreciated.Marty in Brantford

1. Yes, if by "activated scenery" list you mean the scenery.cfg file, it's printable, just like any text file.2. What traffic programme do you use? Ultimate Traffic? You'd have needed to back up the UT data folder if so, not just the traffic.bgl file(s). You'd need to reinstall the programme..Martin

Hi,And make sure in the Options/Settings/ATC (or Options/Settings/Traffic) menu that both commercial and GA traffic is checked, and the slider is set at 100%.Hope this helps,

Guest cavok_33
Hi,And make sure in the Options/Settings/ATC (or Options/Settings/Traffic) menu that both commercial and GA traffic is checked, and the slider is set at 100%.Hope this helps,

Guest Icemaker_99
1. Yes, if by "activated scenery" list you mean the scenery.cfg file, it's printable, just like any text file.No, I mean in the FS9 "Settings / Scenery / Scenery Library"2. What traffic programme do you use? Ultimate Traffic? You'd have needed to back up the UT data folder if so, not just the traffic.bgl file(s). You'd need to reinstall the programme..All my traffic is installed with TTools. I discovered that my traffic files do not show up in Ttools, until I go to that directory under other location. Then I must Decompile, and recompile, and then most, (but not all) do show up, both in the TTools and visually in FS9So, my problem seems to be solved . . .

That's good! The FS9 "Settings / Scenery / Scenery Library" IS the scenery.cfg (that's where the data you see in the FS library window is stored) - but note that what appears at the top in the FS window is at the bottom in the cfg file (and vice-versa!).M.

Guest Icemaker_99
That's good! The FS9 "Settings / Scenery / Scenery Library" IS the scenery.cfg (that's where the data you see in the FS library window is stored) - but note that what appears at the top in the FS window is at the bottom in the cfg file (and vice-versa!).M.
Ok, solved the problem! I feel somewhat silly to admit that I simply missed copying over the entire section of AI Boeing airplanes . . . ! ! ! Did it, and all seems fine. Thanks for the suggesgtions.Marty