Sign in to follow this  
Guest suspa

Installing Maps in FSMoving Map

Guest suspa

G'day fellow simmers,I recently downloaded png_charts_1.zip and the other two in the series from the file library, understanding it would work in Rana Hossain's FSMM, but apparently the .fsm files have to be .ini for this to happen - or am I incorrect in this assumption and just having finger trouble? When I browse the 'mass import' function to the file containing the downloaded map files (.fsm and similar .jpg's) the files are not recognised by the program. Can anyone assist? Thankyou, Bill

Bill,Not sure what the *.fsm file is. It has the calibration data, but FSMMM seems unable to recognize it. So the Mass Import option won't work.But you can still import each one manually, using the Add a New Map option, and then transferring the map top, bottom, and calibration points from the fsm file by hand. Then when you hit Save, it will create the necessary *.ini file.Or use the FSMMM calibration tool. Those charts are so nearly rectangular that only two calibration points are needed. I tried the Abau chart, entering only the upper left and lower right corners, and it seemed to work fine.I've pretty much given up on FSMMM. The FSWidgets freeware GMap with the Google Earth maps is a big improvement IMHO. And the latest version also works with custom imported charts like the png series. Again only calibration is needed, and well explained in their manual.http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.phpJohn

Guest dswo

The original calibration files are for FSMap. A couple flyers are working on calibrating the charts for FSMMM; will upload the new calibration files here when they are ready and tested.