Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Track IR 4

Never really seen this before, I going to get it today on advice from others. Im going to use it for FSX, my system runs fsx fairly well, no real complaints. Is there any issues with this product and the MD11 or 747 (don't own yet) Is there any hiccups with Vista 64. And generally how smooth is it inside, lets say the MD11 VC. Does this affect the FPS in FSX, and is it pretty easy to configure? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Never really seen this before, I going to get it today on advice from others. Im going to use it for FSX, my system runs fsx fairly well, no real complaints. Is there any issues with this product and the MD11 or 747 (don't own yet) Is there any hiccups with Vista 64. And generally how smooth is it inside, lets say the MD11 VC. Does this affect the FPS in FSX, and is it pretty easy to configure? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I use Track IR with Vista 64 without any issues. Works fine with the 747 and MD-11 and has no noticible effect on frame rates. It's very easy to configure (it really doesn't require any configuration unless you want to customize how your "head" moves). It's just a controller that replaces your mouse look with something attached to your headset. Just make sure there are no bright lights or windows behind you as it may interphere with the unit's ability to track the sensors.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I use Track IR with Vista 64 without any issues. Works fine with the 747 and MD-11 and has no noticible effect on frame rates. It's very easy to configure (it really doesn't require any configuration unless you want to customize how your "head" moves). It's just a controller that replaces your mouse look with something attached to your headset. Just make sure there are no bright lights or windows behind you as it may interphere with the unit's ability to track the sensors.
Great!!!, Let me ask you this. When using TrackIR can you use your cursor to engage the buttons and switches while looking around? What I mean is when I use the mouse view to look around in the VC I can't actually select anything, does TrackIR allow you to actually look at he fmc and start clicking its lsk keys and such.

I don't have it but I am pretty sure it would allow you to click, the reason it doesn't with the mouse is because you turned the mouse into the free look, if you free pan with another object (joystick) you can use the mouse while it is freelooking.

Ya I just saw a video on utube, and it looks like what your saying is correct. Thanks for the imput guys, I think Im going to get this for sure. Looks awesome.

Ya I just saw a video on utube, and it looks like what your saying is correct. Thanks for the imput guys, I think Im going to get this for sure. Looks awesome.
All that Track IR controls is where you look. It does not interfere with the mouse functions in flipping switches, etc. I highly recommend getting it.

Greg Goodavish

Its the best hardware ever designed for flightsim and you will not fly without it, once tryed.Do yourself a favour and got to the www.naturalpoint.com website and download a profile known as 'Optimized Flight'. Use that and you will be in heaven (with wings) :( Re-assign your 'pause key for 'mouse 3' (the wheel of your mouse pressed down) and you will have no trouble in setting your selections. I have had mine since FS9 days 4 years old. and its still going strong. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

No problem at all with the combination mouse-TrackIR. It took me a while to learn (your head is moving more as you might imagine), but now I am used to it, I wouldn't fly without.It is a good investment for the hobby.

No problem at all with the combination mouse-TrackIR. It took me a while to learn (your head is moving more as you might imagine), but now I am used to it, I wouldn't fly without.It is a good investment for the hobby.
I have TractIR close to seven mounts and I tried to use only three times. It is moving so rapidly. It is not realistic.. I don't fly with in VC mode. I am for 2D. Every times when I read posts regarding TrackIR good performance I keep wondering if I am doing some thoing wrong to operate the TrackIR.My questions : 1- Can TrackIR be use in 2D mode PMDG-11X.747X and Level-D X ?2- Can TrackIR cause "Blue Screen" when FSX DX:10 Review activated?Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I have TractIR close to seven mounts and I tried to use only three times. It is moving so rapidly. It is not realistic.. I don't fly with in VC mode. I am for 2D. Every times when I read posts regarding TrackIR good performance I keep wondering if I am doing some thoing wrong to operate the TrackIR.My questions : 1- Can TrackIR be use in 2D mode PMDG-11X.747X and Level-D X ?2- Can TrackIR cause "Blue Screen" when FSX DX:10 Review activated?Sanal
What exactly are you planning to use the TrackIR for in 2D panels? TrackIR moves your viewpoint in all axises in a 3D space (VC). The 2D view has nothing to do with TrackIR thus TrackIR does not do anything in that mode. TrackIR moves as fast or as slow as you want. Head over to natural point's website and read up on proper setup and profiles.P.S. I got my TrackIR last winter...can't imagine flying without it.Eugene

What exactly are you planning to use the TrackIR for in 2D panels? TrackIR moves your viewpoint in all axises in a 3D space (VC). The 2D view has nothing to do with TrackIR thus TrackIR does not do anything in that mode. TrackIR moves as fast or as slow as you want. Head over to natural point's website and read up on proper setup and profiles.P.S. I got my TrackIR last winter...can't imagine flying without it.Eugene
Eugene,I want use for PMDG-Md11X 2D cockpit view. I tried to installed my 4.10.26 TrackIR, it didnt worked.. I just read some installation and utilization difficulties in Natural Points forums regarding FSX/Vista 64 .I don't want any freeze and "Blue Screens". I am going to put TractIR in its box again.Thanks for your replay.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Eugene,I want use for PMDG-Md11X 2D cockpit view. I tried to installed my 4.10.26 TrackIR, it didnt worked.. I just read some installation and utilization difficulties in Natural Points forums regarding FSX/Vista 64 .I don't want any freeze and "Blue Screens". I am going to put TractIR in its box again.Thanks for your replay.Sanal
As stated. you can't use TrackIR in 2D mode. I have never seen any freezes or Blue screens in FS9 or FSX that I can relate to the usage of TrackIR, then again I don't use Vista but XP 32bit.It's a magnificent piece of hardware which I use especially on the ground when doing the cockpit preparation, taxiing, taking off and landing. During cruise I'm usually in 2D mode.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Its the best hardware ever designed for flightsim and you will not fly without it, once tryed.Do yourself a favour and got to the www.naturalpoint.com website and download a profile known as 'Optimized Flight'. Use that and you will be in heaven (with wings) :(
Where can I find that file? On the forum or somewhere else??

Thx...found it. The original posting didn't mention that the file was tobe found in the Comunity section of their site :) That's why I asked where to find it.