Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Track IR 4

I really appreciate the help, my green dots are perfectly in the middle, the usb is fine lots of slack so its not being moved around, and Im pretty level with the unit. I have been testing for a few hours now and I think Im kinda narrowing the problem down. The problem seems to occur after pausing the trackir, when I unpause it is when Im no longer able to look down. When I open up the software the green dots are able to move up down left right, in the heads view it shows my head(left one) able to do the same but the head that is in the game(right one) is unable to look down, I have the f12 key mapped to one of my mouse buttons, I tried doing as you said to put my head in a RELAXED position then hit that key it seems to be working for the moment, before when I was doing this (F12) I was not really looking straight and level, but I find now if I just look forward naturally and reset the view it seems to be fixing this issue. Thanks a MILLION!!!!!. I'll keep you posted if the problem persists.

Guest Buzz313th
I really appreciate the help, my green dots are perfectly in the middle, the usb is fine lots of slack so its not being moved around, and Im pretty level with the unit. I have been testing for a few hours now and I think Im kinda narrowing the problem down. The problem seems to occur after pausing the trackir, when I unpause it is when Im no longer able to look down. When I open up the software the green dots are able to move up down left right, in the heads view it shows my head(left one) able to do the same but the head that is in the game(right one) is unable to look down, I have the f12 key mapped to one of my mouse buttons, I tried doing as you said to put my head in a RELAXED position then hit that key it seems to be working for the moment, before when I was doing this (F12) I was not really looking straight and level, but I find now if I just look forward naturally and reset the view it seems to be fixing this issue. Thanks a MILLION!!!!!. I'll keep you posted if the problem persists.
Glad it helped.. Outa curiosity, how far is your reciever from the track clip on your hat?JB

Guest Buzz313th

My setup is between 2.5-3 feetwith the "Clip pro" or "pro clip", or whatever its called. Try experimenting with up to 3.5 feet, you might get more solid results.JB

I'm curious : does anyone know how it compares to the hat-track from VR-insights ?regardsmartin

I believe that TRackIR is a good product for use with a single screen. But I have 4 screens on 2 PCs, and when I look to the other screens the cockpit view goes mad and usually does not centre again until I pull up the TrackIR screen and press PF12.Not very user friendly in this scenario. Makes me feel a little sick.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest Dave_M
I have been using TrackIR for a while now and it definately adds something to the experience. When I first started using it I had problems similar to what you are describing, I seem to remember following a suggestion on the TrackIR forum which recommended adjusting the Light Filtering on the tracking Settings panel. My understanding is that this setting filters out unwanted light sources but can have an effect on the accuracy of tracking if set too high. I actualy turned it off completely and have no problems, although have no problem light scources.Dave