Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

FS Autostart and Frame Limiter

Are any of you using the old FSAutostart with XP and the Frame Limiter Program? I can't figure out what the proper "Path to app:" line should be. I put this line in there:C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\FSX Frame Limiter\fsx.exe.limitedBut that does not do the trick. Wonder what the right destination should be to get Frame Limiter to start FSX using FSAutostart?Thanks ahead of time,Steve

Are any of you using the old FSAutostart with XP and the Frame Limiter Program? I can't figure out what the proper "Path to app:" line should be. I put this line in there:C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\FSX Frame Limiter\fsx.exe.limitedBut that does not do the trick. Wonder what the right destination should be to get Frame Limiter to start FSX using FSAutostart?Thanks ahead of time,Steve
There appears to be a ".bat" missing at the end..

Bert

There appears to be a ".bat" missing at the end..
Thanks, Bert, but adding .bat to line did not help. The DOS screen in FSAutostart showed the program working, though ... through degfraging the memory, but then it could nt open FSX. The 30 seconds for the application to open timed out and FSAutostart began all the services running again.Any one else using FSAuto start with the Frame Limiter have an idea??

Thanks, Bert, but adding .bat to line did not help. The DOS screen in FSAutostart showed the program working, though ... through degfraging the memory, but then it could nt open FSX. The 30 seconds for the application to open timed out and FSAutostart began all the services running again.Any one else using FSAuto start with the Frame Limiter have an idea??
You know what I do? I set the path to app to notepad.exe. When I see notepad open I click on the FPS Limiter BAT file. When I finish flying, after I shut down FS, I close notebook and AutoStart turns everything back on. EddieKABQ

Eddie
KABQ

You know what I do? I set the path to app to notepad.exe. When I see notepad open I click on the FPS Limiter BAT file. When I finish flying, after I shut down FS, I close notebook and AutoStart turns everything back on. EddieKABQ
Eddie, That seems to work. Its an extra step. Seems like there ought to be a way to open FSX directly through the Frame Limiter with FSAutostart. But thanks for the tip. I'll use it until someone comes up with a better path. Thanks much.

Eddie, That seems to work. Its an extra step. Seems like there ought to be a way to open FSX directly through the Frame Limiter with FSAutostart. But thanks for the tip. I'll use it until someone comes up with a better path. Thanks much.
I actually don't let Autostart restart everything. I prefer a clean boot. So, what I do is start Autostart, when notepad comes up I close autostart (it's done its job) and notepad. Then I don't have them running when I fly. After I close FS I reboot and everything starts clean.Glad it's working. EddieKABQ

Eddie
KABQ

Eddie,That's probably a good idea. I am left with 18 services running. 5 of them have to do with my HP printer. I suppose I could turn them off, but I do like to print, on occasion, from inside FSX. But I did notice some squirrely actions with my modem after my last restart with FSAutostart. When I went into the services, I found one that I had inadvertantly marked "Stop", rather than "Stop and Restart." But your suggestion eliminates all possibility of error, plus whatever tiny burden there is to running the program and notepad. Again, thanks for your kindness.

Some time ago, I switched to "AlacrityPC" in place of "AutoStart". Pretty much six of one and a half-dozen of the other, however I had some problem that this old memory has forgotten with "AutoStart", and have been pleased with "AlacrityPC. If I remember correctly, "AutoStart" quit restarting everything for me, which is somewhat academic anyway as I prefer to just reboot anyway."fsx.exe.limited.bat" works fine with "AlacrityPC".Under the "Information" tab, I have the following:My "Profile Name" is "FPLimiter profile".My "Description" is "FPSLimiter".For "Inherits From:" I have selected "None (Top Level)"'The "Profile Icon:" is "C:\FSX Related\fsx_Limiter_0.2\fsx/exe/limited.bat". (Your path for this "bat." file).Under the "Optimazation" tab, I have the following:"Defragment Memory" is checked and I have selected "Repeat 0 times".I have no other line items with a check mark under this tab.Under "Misc Options" and "After monitored programs have been closed:" I have selected, "Continue processing profile".Under the "AutoStart" tab, I have the following:"fsx.exe.limited.bat: ---- fsx.exe.limited.bat ----- 0 ----------Normal ----all ----Normal ----Monitored"Note: In the above line, there are no dashes, but spaces with each item going under the headings, "Name, Args, Delay, Pro..., A, Win..., Type"The format for posting has not accepted the spaces in the past when I have tried to make a reply like this.What is selected for "Stop Then Restart" under "Services" and "Programs" is in the eyes of the beholder, subject to what works and what must be left running.It does restart everything for me with the exception of a printer monitoring provision on my computer that is kind of squirlly and comes up with an error message. As someone else has mentioned, I usually either ignore it (never seen what it affects), or do a hot reboot.I love the combination of these two programs and would highly recommend this marriage.Good luck:RTH