Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Airport not showing up in the MD11.

Hi.I am running FS9.1, with the latest version of this fantastic plane.However, I have just noticed that when trying to start a flight from Bristol Airport EGGD the FMC keeps saying it's not in the database.I have checked in the PMDG folder under the SIDSSTARS Folder and I do have a text file for EGGD with the SIDS and STARS section, it even has the runways and parking specs etc which looks OK to me, but I'm no expert. I will post the contents of this file below this.I am also on the latest version of AIRAC, Cycle 0904. I am a bit confused by this, and not too sure what can be causing this. I will post this in the Navdata forums as well and the UK2000 Scenery forums so we can try and see what might be the cause.If I get any joy from them I will post back in here to let you know just in case anyone else has a similar issue.Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.// EGGD (BRISTOL)// Data provided by Navigraph - www.navigraph.com// Data copyright

I'm currently in Crz on the other side of the world flying RCTP - RJAA but I just punched EGGD - RJAA into the secondary flightplan without issues.I also entered EGGD as a fix and the aircraft gave me 050/5327 Rob

Rob Prest

Have you set the runway length filter in the PMDG menu by any chance?

I was just going to say, check the runway length filter in pmdg options (Think EGGD is just over 6000) - I had the same with Isle of Man airport not in database till I reset the value.Too short that one really but a stop, just in time lol.John E

Hi.Thanks Rob, Tom and John.I will check out the runway length bit in the options, I think it might be the problem.I have just checke the Navigraph forum, and Richard seems to think that my file is OK, so it might be the runway length thing.I'll let you know.Thank you all again.

Hi Guy's.Well . . . . I had the runways set to 7000 for some reason, and I would never had thought to check that setting either if John had not suggested it.Rest assured guy's that I feel suitably Stupid, I have been using FS for long enough now to have known better.Still, we live and learn from our mistakes, although aparently not from all of them :( Thank you all again for your help.