Sign in to follow this  
Guest Angelique-van-Campen

Strange problems MD-11 FSX Vista x64 (solved)

Hey all,I'm busy trying to install the FSX MD-11 with/without the latest SP (used OS is Vista x64). Whatever I do, strange things happen like:

• I don't have under the Add-ons menu an option PMDG,
  • The Load Manager shortcut doesn't work and gives the following failure "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect".
  • The 2D cockpit shows nothing, except a grey background (see screenshot),
  • The VC is dead although the engines are running.

I uninstalled the whole PMDG MD11 package and re-installed it with/without the latest SP, but for all the same problems.Any idea's?

Could be missing the run time C++ libraries. The installer should launch MS installers for both32b and 64b versions. If you installed both try to repair the installation. I bet the VC cockpit has blank DUs and the MCDUs are missing too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Could be missing the run time C++ libraries. The installer should launch MS installers for both32b and 64b versions. If you installed both try to repair the installation. I bet the VC cockpit has blank DUs and the MCDUs are missing too.
That's right Dan, the VC has blank DU's and MCDU's. I'll give it a shot and I'm right back.Unfortunately a re-install with the C++ 2008 SP! didn't solve the problem.

That's right Dan, the VC has blank DU's and MCDU's. I'll give it a shot and I'm right back.Unfortunately a re-install with the C++ 2008 SP! didn't solve the problem.
It sounds like a DLL/dependency problem, which still makes me suspect the C++ runtime library.What is your OS, vid card, etc.?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

It sounds like a DLL/dependency problem, which still makes me suspect the C++ runtime library.What is your OS, vid card, etc.?
I'm using Vsta x64 OS and I've got the EVGA GTX-285 and of course the latest nvidia driver. Suppose it's a C++ installation problem, it tells me that after the Visual C++ 2008 installation, everything is ok.Find here a screenshot of my current C++ 2008 installations.

I'm using Vsta x64 OS and I've got the EVGA GTX-285 and of course the latest nvidia driver. Suppose it's a C++ installation problem, it tells me that after the Visual C++ 2008 installation, everything is ok.Find here a screenshot of my current C++ 2008 installations.
Shouldn't there be a C++ for 2008 (x86) aswell? I'm running the MD-11 on Vista x64 Ultimate myself, and during install it want's to install both x86 and x64 versions of C++
  • Like 1

Shouldn't there be a C++ for 2008 (x86) aswell? I'm running the MD-11 on Vista x64 Ultimate myself, and during install it want's to install both x86 and x64 versions of C++
Hey Eric,Thank you for this "x86" advice. After the installation of the Visual C++ 2008 x86 including the SP1 the problem was solved and works as it should be :( :( .Now I've got the following indications:Anyway, thank you and the suggestions of all the others.

Hey Eric,Thank you for this "x86" advice. After the installation of the Visual C++ 2008 x86 including the SP1 the problem was solved and works as it should be :( :( .Now I've got the following indications:Anyway, thank you and the suggestions of all the others.
Good to hear!SP1 isn't even needed.Just to make sure others who might stumble into this issue...it should look like this:14aklc6.jpg

Good to hear!SP1 isn't even needed.Just to make sure others who might stumble into this issue...it should look like this:14aklc6.jpg
Eric, does this mean that I could uninstall my C++ 2005 versions or will it not harm?

Eric, does this mean that I could uninstall my C++ 2005 versions or will it not harm?
Probably yeah

FSX uses VC++2005 redistributable so i wouldn't uninstall it.
Clear answer :( . Thanks :( .