Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Will the Captain Sim 707 run in Windows Vista?

Just curious, but I would really like to get the 707 Professional for FS 2004 from Captain Sim, but it says everywhere that it is not vista compatible. Is this really the case? Does anyone run this in Vista and if so, does it run without issues?Thanks for any input.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Hi,I especially took the CS707 out of the hangar after a long time for testing: indeed it is not compatible with Vista. Visually it is still stunning but when you start the plane there is a quick interaction between an interrupted wining sound and the wait icon (turning torus), if the landing lights are on, they are blinking. After all engines are started up, the lights are going out and stay out and you can't get them on. But you can fly the plane...Rgds,Hugo

Hm, I hadn't noticed this, honestly. For me it seems to work fine, although I admit I havent looked at it with such attention. For as far as I know, you can fly the plane, autopilot works, switches do their job... I guess I'll go back and look again.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hm, I hadn't noticed this, honestly. For me it seems to work fine, although I admit I havent looked at it with such attention. For as far as I know, you can fly the plane, autopilot works, switches do their job... I guess I'll go back and look again.
so except for the lights, does all else see to work fine? I would be perfectly happy just flying this in the day time if so.

For as far as I can tell, it works fine enough to enjoy it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

For as far as I can tell, it works fine enough to enjoy it.
Thanks for you input, I will get the sim. I always loved these planes, in fact, I would really like to see a DC-8.