Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

FS Elemental

A heads up for an unspected (at least for me) great surprise...unedited pictures, as far as I can tell ( I already purchased it and, believe me, it

Iñigo Bildarratz

HelloI have purchased and installed this package just this evening.Only a couple of flights so far but I have to say this is a nice addon.

HelloI have purchased and installed this package just this evening.Only a couple of flights so far but I have to say this is a nice addon.
What if you already got FE GEProII Active Sky 6.5 UT? Does it improve even more?

Guest lgvpilot1

I cant believe the timing !I have just come from their site to post and see if any one knew anything about this I have to say it looks great from the web site screenies (dont they always?)but I was hoping some one had bought it and could give us an idea of what it is like .I recently bought Zinerteks Ultimate weather and I have to say I am somewhat underwhelmed by it , but FSelemental for just over a tenner (

Can someone report back how has this how it is on FPS? I'm currently running FE Pro with 256x256 32bit clouds, AirLand runway and taxi way textures (for comparisons)

Can someone report back how has this how it is on FPS? I'm currently running FE Pro with 256x256 32bit clouds, AirLand runway and taxi way textures (for comparisons)
Wow! What a nice addition to GE PRO and AS6.5...The clouds are brilliant and they integrate very nicely with AS6.5...I did not notice any degradation at all in FPS. It's hard to pin down, but FS Elemental enhances the envrionment in very subtle ways from lighting to textures...all in a good way. I flew out of complex payware airports such as KJFK, KLGA with Manhattan scenery loaded in a soupy overcast with rain and saw no hit on FPS. The 3D clouds are absolutely stunning. I've been running Flight Environment to render clouds and water color--though elemental has less options (none)--install or not install--than FE, it is very very good. Before installing there is a simple configuration utility that saves all your backup textures--I switched back and forth with no problems.Viperfselemental.jpgRich Perry

Hi,I was waiting for REX for FS9, but it seems its never going to be released. Its been on final so long they should be declaring a fuel emergency.I'll purchase it when I get home and have a look.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Perfect combination with AS and GE Pro, no FPS hit. Those clouds have never looked so good before...Portapapeles03-1.jpgPortapapeles04-1.jpg

Iñigo Bildarratz

Hey guys, that looks really good!I do have most of my FS textures already exchanged into their best freeware equivalents.But this set looks very convincing to me. I too was waiting for FS9 REX, but...Plus the product is not overpriced, which is a refreshing fact.I hope everything in the sim looks as good as in the shots (which can lie to a degree).I may ask my credit card what she thinks. :( And before maybe there are a few more simmers to jump in here with their feelings about this product.It's always nice to hear what others think.

I recently bought Zinerteks Ultimate weather and I have to say I am somewhat underwhelmed by it , but FSelemental for just over a tenner (

Guest lgvpilot1

Hi RicardoI know what you are saying about Zinerteks Ultimate Weather, the frame rate hit was there with me as well , not a disaster but to be honest the trade off for pretty average clouds was not worth it , I have gone back to FE .Interesting comment about the clouds as well , I have seen a few screenshots where the clouds look like they belong in a watercolour painting , and although they do look "pretty" its not for me .Thanks for your comments Ricardo , I think I will hold off on this one untill I see a few more comments .Mark

Hi!Provided that there isn't overcast conditions they are much better than Zinerteks! And better frame rates! It is just when the density of clouds are very hight that you feel the impact. I'm going to give it another go, but I can allways use the clouds from ActiveSky only!BTW, the water is nice!Soft Landings! :(

It is not possible to costumise it as one does with FE Pro or ActiveSky. You have it or not!
Actually, it is, in a way. It requires some manual work but in the end it would not be very complicated to add FSE clouds and water to FE. I have quite a few custom water and down/dusk textures added to FE. Red1: If you're running FE clouds at 256x256 you WILL get a FSP drop with FSE because it's textures are at 1024x1024 and 32-bit at that. Bigger size texture = better resolution = nicer clouds = FPS drop. But PC's are quite powerful nowadays, so it should be manageable. I saved my FSE textures in DXT3 format to ease the load a bit.Right now I am enroute to KMDW, a dawn flight out of New Orleans onboard a Southwest 737-700 by PMDG (which is hard on FSP). Take off was spectacular in the morning mist (runing ASA via WideFS to provide weather) There's an overcast at Chicago, so we'll see how that goes with these huge textures...Regards,Jure

wow! thats a huge resolution on those clouds! I tried FE Pros 512x512 32bit clouds and my fps dipped from the fixed 35FPS in complex scenery (I'm very anal about FPS and need constant 35 no matter what). I guess I'll let this one pass by then. Also, I can't stand DXT3 format as when you get close enough, you can see that the shades of colors are very boxy in the clouds.