Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aryus

NEW! Aryus Works Citation XLS+

Look, I know that I know just enough about files to be dangerous, but isn't it a fact that you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person is guilty. How can you tell from just looking at a screenshot that these files are yours or he made them, probably the pilot face, I could understand, but landing gear and wheels. That seems stretching it a bit.
Harry, if it were simply based on "screenshots" that would indeed not constitute sufficient "evidence." However, if one crops a suspect image from a texture file and layers it over the original artwork, and seens a perfect 1:1 pixel correspondence......the conclusion is rather obvious. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,Thank you for your information and I appreciate what you tried to do for the freeware developer and thank you for your quick response.Harry

Harry Nelson

Bill,Thank you for your information and I appreciate what you tried to do for the freeware developer and thank you for your quick response.Harry
The bigger concern here is the fact that the individual in question was going to do a freeware version and a payware version.

The bigger concern here is the fact that the individual in question was going to do a freeware version and a payware version.
Why it a bigger concern that he is doing both? Isn't it within his rights as a developer to do both? And you pointed out in an earlier post that he was advertising, well, he said nothing about a payware version until someone asked the question. As for advertising, there is more commercial advertising in the signature of Bill and Ron then there was in the post from Alex, this is my opinion, of course.Harry

Harry Nelson

It's a bigger concern because of the texture theft.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

As for advertising, there is more commercial advertising in the signature of Bill and Ron then there was in the post from Alex, this is my opinion, of course.Harry
Harry, being new around here you are without doubt unaware that AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block...If you notice, even my "membership status" is "Commercial" and is in bright ORANGE to make it even more clear...If it were up to me, I'd rather not have such a distinction, but could be free to post as just another regular member... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest AZPowerPC

For those still interested, I found the airplane last night. It is absolutely awesome and even better than the Sovereign (my favorite aircraft ever).I don't know if I can post the link without getting yelled at so I found it at a place that starts with simvi and ends with ation. Search the library for "Aryus" and it'll be the first one up there. BEAUTIFUL plane. FYI, the nose gear texture is missing on the XLS+ but the Excel is complete. Alex offers the Excel and the XLS+ in the package but like the Sovereign has no panel or sound. He does include a bitmap of a new panel though for those of you who may be interested in building a panel. If any of you take on that project, please let me know. Remember the guy who found the plane LOL. Check out N826AG, it is an excellent texture. The FDE is fairly accurate. Alex, if you are still watching, you are a great modeler and have my support.Bill, I think all of us appreciate the fact you tried to help him. I'm sure he's just simply embarrassed.Scott

without doubt unaware that AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block...If you notice, even my "membership status" is "Commercial" and is in bright ORANGE to make it even more clear...
Bill,Again I am just trying to understand, you state that AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block, but, as is shown in WarpD and N2056 above, there is no information in the signature block as to what commercial group they belong to, while their "membership status" is "Commercial" and bright Orange. Am I wrong or are they in miscompliance of AVSIM management rules as well as was ARYUS.Not trying to pick or anything, just trying to get it straight in my mind.Harry

Harry Nelson

Guest FelixFFDS

You can be commercial and not necessarily be associated with one particular group. I know some folks that have worked on models for different groups.

Bill,Again I am just trying to understand, you state that AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block, but, as is shown in WarpD and N2056 above, there is no information in the signature block as to what commercial group they belong to, while their "membership status" is "Commercial" and bright Orange. Am I wrong or are they in miscompliance of AVSIM management rules as well as was ARYUS.Not trying to pick or anything, just trying to get it straight in my mind.Harry

For those still interested, I found the airplane last night. It is absolutely awesome and even better than the Sovereign (my favorite aircraft ever).I don't know if I can post the link without getting yelled at so I found it at a place that starts with simvi and ends with ation. Search the library for "Aryus" and it'll be the first one up there. BEAUTIFUL plane. FYI, the nose gear texture is missing on the XLS+ but the Excel is complete. Alex offers the Excel and the XLS+ in the package but like the Sovereign has no panel or sound. He does include a bitmap of a new panel though for those of you who may be interested in building a panel. If any of you take on that project, please let me know. Remember the guy who found the plane LOL. Check out N826AG, it is an excellent texture. The FDE is fairly accurate. Alex, if you are still watching, you are a great modeler and have my support.Bill, I think all of us appreciate the fact you tried to help him. I'm sure he's just simply embarrassed.Scott
Did he remove the stolen textures? If not... it'll have to be pulled.
I don't come here as a commercial entity, to be honest. I don't promote Eaglesoft while here. I participate like other users and intend to continue in that vein.I logged into AVSIM one day and found my username in orange. My signature here has never been commercial and it's the signature I've had since before I was 'orange'.As for ARYUS... the problem is the texture theft. It's the only concern. Not their signature, lack of one... commercial release or freeware... etc. Just the fact they took textures that weren't theirs for the taking.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed, I can understand about the texture problem with the Aryus aircraft. I guess what I do not understand is how one person (N2056) can accuse someone of advertising on this forum and breaking the rules, when Bill just told me in another post above that Quote AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block...Unquote and this same person breaks the AVSIM rules.If fair is fair then everyone should have to play by the rules. And the point that I was making was not meant to be pointed at you. I do not see how Aryus advertised his product, when he answered a question that someone asked and he answered it in an upfront way. I saw no advertisement. What I meant is there is more advertisement in some of the signature blocks used right here in this thread than was in Alex's comment about it being in two models (a freeware and a payware).Personally I could care less of people say they have a product for sale or not. If it is a policy that advertisement not be done on this forum then take all the information about commercial developers out of the signature blocks and leave the orange "Commercial Member" in the member status.That way there could not be any statement about advertising. Harry

Harry Nelson

Ed, I can understand about the texture problem with the Aryus aircraft. I guess what I do not understand is how one person (N2056) can accuse someone of advertising on this forum and breaking the rules, when Bill just told me in another post above that Quote AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block...Unquote and this same person breaks the AVSIM rules.If fair is fair then everyone should have to play by the rules. And the point that I was making was not meant to be pointed at you. I do not see how Aryus advertised his product, when he answered a question that someone asked and he answered it in an upfront way. I saw no advertisement. What I meant is there is more advertisement in some of the signature blocks used right here in this thread than was in Alex's comment about it being in two models (a freeware and a payware).Personally I could care less of people say they have a product for sale or not. If it is a policy that advertisement not be done on this forum then take all the information about commercial developers out of the signature blocks and leave the orange "Commercial Member" in the member status.That way there could not be any statement about advertising. Harry
Posting pictures of a commercial product in the forums by the developer is a no-no. It's well known by all commercial developers. We also are not allowed to post threads announcing new products either in progress or complete.You're not a developer, commercial or otherwise. The rules don't apply to you... and I'm honestly puzzled as to why you are so incensed by our expectations of adherence by all commercial developers.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Harry, being new around here you are without doubt unaware that AVSIM management requires that all commercial members include their information in their signature block...If you notice, even my "membership status" is "Commercial" and is in bright ORANGE to make it even more clear...If it were up to me, I'd rather not have such a distinction, but could be free to post as just another regular member... :(
Hey I'm not even a developer and I'm a commercial member...? :(Don't quite understand that one. My potential commercial involvement died as fast as my involvement with Alphasim. Sure I'm a beta tester for several companies and people, but I'm certainly not commercially involved :( Anyways, back to the thread...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png