Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

Parking brakes

Guest CX355

Recently reinstalled Md-11 and all cmds via FSUIPC and seem to have a problem which up to now I have not been able to solve. No matter what I use, key cmd or throttle console button my parking brakes will not lock into place, not even a mouse click on the actual acrft works, you hear the usual noise associated w/ the brake but no brakes they use to work. There is no problem with all other acrft in my inventory, PMDG, Feelthere, Wilco, PSS default cessna etc. the assigned cmd works, just not for MD-11. I am at a loss. This must be a very technical issue I guess. Any ideas out there will be appreciated. Vincent

Recently reinstalled Md-11 and all cmds via FSUIPC and seem to have a problem which up to now I have not been able to solve. No matter what I use, key cmd or throttle console button my parking brakes will not lock into place, not even a mouse click on the actual acrft works, you hear the usual noise associated w/ the brake but no brakes they use to work. There is no problem with all other acrft in my inventory, PMDG, Feelthere, Wilco, PSS default cessna etc. the assigned cmd works, just not for MD-11. I am at a loss. This must be a very technical issue I guess. Any ideas out there will be appreciated. Vincent
I take it you have set the Aux pump before trying to set the parking brake....Rob

Rob Prest

I take it you have set the Aux pump before trying to set the parking brake....Rob
Correct...without AUX pump (usually #1) you can't set the Parking Break. Is also mentioned in the Cold & Dark startup guide. AUX pump also applies power (hydrolics, just like is being used by the parking break) to set the stabalizer trim.

Guest CX355

Thanks Rob and Eric for your reply, wish it were that simple, this is strange, I tried again to assign different cmds elsewhere, but still no go. I may nn to re-install once again and see....just don't think that will solve it either. Vincent

Guest CX355
Thanks Rob and Eric for your reply, wish it were that simple, this is strange, I tried again to assign different cmds elsewhere, but still no go. I may nn to re-install once again and see....just don't think that will solve it either. Vincent
Last chance here for any assistance before going to PMDG.........Vincent

Last chance here for any assistance before going to PMDG.........Vincent
No idea what's worng there...you've got pressure on the brakes, AUX pump is on. Should therefore work :(

Guest CX355
No idea what's worng there...you've got pressure on the brakes, AUX pump is on. Should therefore work :(
They use to work till I reinstalled....all fine w/ all other add-on's including PMDG...guess we just won't have parking brakes w/ MD-11. Vincent :(

They use to work till I reinstalled....all fine w/ all other add-on's including PMDG...guess we just won't have parking brakes w/ MD-11. Vincent :(
Strange thing...by the way...why is your Anti Skid off? Though it does not help it the Parking Brake issue.Did u try "CTRL or STRG + ." , probably u did already.......try to load a PMDG Panel State.......what is your status page showing?RGDS

can you apply just brakes?are normal brakes work

I don't think it's a PMDG issue. I have Saitek X52's and now in FSX my brakes stick all the time and I can't figure the stinkin thing out. It happens with all other addon a/c. My parking brake works ok now, but when I land or sometimes try to start out after pushback, I can't get the brakes off until after about 2 minutes of jiggling everything back and forth.The FSX joystick and rudder controls are so far off the planet, who knows...LOL. Even the windows X64 Vista calibration settings think the rudder pedals have a button...ROFL!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest CX355
Strange thing...by the way...why is your Anti Skid off? Though it does not help it the Parking Brake issue.Did u try "CTRL or STRG + ." , probably u did already.......try to load a PMDG Panel State.......what is your status page showing?RGDS
can you apply just brakes?are normal brakes work In answer to all the above plus others.............the brakes do not work w/ key cmds, mouse action on the PMDG panel, or anything else. The Status page does not show brakes because the parking brakes cannot be applied. The cmds work w/ every acrft including PMDG 737's 747's B-1900 etc. in my FS9. This problem is w/ the MD-11 ONLY. It started after a reinstall. I deleted everything and anything having to do w/ the MD-11 before reinstall. I went through windows explorer and FS9 files folders before this reinstall. I turned the Anti-skid off to highlight the Aux for the snapshot. Thank you to all for your ideas and suggestions...this is not a systems problem or procedure problem in operating the acrft. For some reason the program missed the brakes when reinstalled or my maint. is trying to cause me a problem....I hope to solve it someday, but I nn to be looking at the program code or something along those lines I think. Vincent :(

You have a HYD warning on the display... I see you have the HYD 1-2 and 1-3 pumps on... you don't need them on without engines running...Your Hydraulics system is in manual... switch to auto...Furthermore, you only need AUX pump 1 (ADG) on...Your hydraulics overhead is not in a normal state...Andrew

Guest CX355
You have a HYD warning on the display... I see you have the HYD 1-2 and 1-3 pumps on... you don't need them on without engines running...Your Hydraulics system is in manual... switch to auto...Furthermore, you only need AUX pump 1 (ADG) on...Your hydraulics overhead is not in a normal state...Andrew
It does not matter......If I use the menu same results....Manual , auto ... They won't set even if I am at the end of the rwy w/ a green box and all switches in proper sequence. This is not a procedure problem......I have read the manuals, I have set the plane up in various modes using the PMDG panel menu even before posting, and had over 300 hours flying the MD even before this problem started, the brakes were fine until I did the reinstall. P.S. as for swtiches I am aware of their state ...I do appreciate your input......Vincent

Hello,its looks like I'm next man with parking brake problem. I was flying just once with MD-11, following tutorial, and I can't set parking brake to parked position.Just directly after flight in FS2004 is loaded and initializing begin countdown, clicking sound appears and parking brake is released. This happens every time.After many experiments, reinstalling MD-11 etc. I'm out of ideas. Other planes like PMDG 737, 747, wilco 737 doesn't have this problem. Yes, I have Saitek rudder pedals, but disconecting them doesn't help. Braking and differential braking works fine, just parking brake causes problems.Hydraulics is set correctly, FSUIPC also, no any spiking axis are presents. Simply, there is no reason to parking brake be permanetly released.Any advices? Thanks.Michal Salek.