Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

Hi all,Very interesting add-on, especially regarding your Video Marniftarr !!Could you post your .ini settings ?Default are "GTA" ones but it looks a little bit too much cartoon for me...Another question, i have a 8800GTX with last NVIDIA driver... (with nhancer) : when activating ENB, i cannot see my plane from external views. It became like a ghost.Thanks a lot for your tips !Eric

Hi all,Very interesting add-on, especially regarding your Video Marniftarr !!Could you post your .ini settings ?Default are "GTA" ones but it looks a little bit too much cartoon for me...Another question, i have a 8800GTX with last NVIDIA driver... (with nhancer) : when activating ENB, i cannot see my plane from external views. It became like a ghost.Thanks a lot for your tips !Eric
Did you download his EMBserie_for_MSFS.rar? Or a file from the creators site? The ini from the EMBserie_for_MSFS.rar works great here.

Did you download his EMBserie_for_MSFS.rar? Or a file from the creators site? The ini from the EMBserie_for_MSFS.rar works great here.
I've used your link... i try again ! :(Well, first i was using DirectX 10, that's why ENB didn't work. So i've switch to normal display and restart FSX... with a bug. FSX works fine on DirectX 10 but ghost planes with DirectX 9 :(

Does this work in full screen mode? For some reason when I'm in full screen mode with this activated, all I see is white. Works fine in window mode though. I'm not sure if it's a driver problem or what. This really is a great addon and sli could become useful with something like this if it is directing all of the effects to the video card. Through all the tweaking that's possible, this definitely takes flight sim to the next level.

I've used your link... i try again ! :(Well, first i was using DirectX 10, that's why ENB didn't work. So i've switch to normal display and restart FSX... with a bug. FSX works fine on DirectX 10 but ghost planes with DirectX 9 :(
Yes ENBseries not work under DirectX10. Author not make version for DX10 :-(I known that under DX10 you can see increase FPS...

Yes it works in full screen.
Are you using an nvidia card? If so, can you tell me what driver you're using? Also what are your nhancer settings if you have that?

I'm using 182.06 haven't upgraded to the newer one yet. My nHancer settings for FSX are:Anti-Aliasing Combined 8XSAnisotropic Filtering set to applicationVertical Sync set ONTexture Filtering set to High QualityTrilinear Optimization set to OFFAnsio. Sample Optimization set to OFFNegative LOD Bias set to CLAMPPrerender Limit set to 1

Nathan

Thanks, my settings are the same but I still have the problem. I might have to try that driver if it will work. What operating system are you on? What resolution are you running? I can get it to work in full screen but only at the lowest resolution and my native resolution is 1920x1200 so that's not going to work.

The night lighting is vastly improved, IMO. I don't know if it's more realistic or not, but the ground lighting, stars and water are all more visible with this turned on. It does impact frames some, and I may shut it off when flying heavies but leave it on with smaller GA planes.Curt

I've tried driver 182.06 and I still can't get it to work in full screen. Is there anyone running Windows 7 that can confirm this will work with full screen at resolutions higher than 1024x768?

Yes ENBseries not work under DirectX10. Author not make version for DX10 :-(I known that under DX10 you can see increase FPS...
Regardless, you've accomplished something significant here, and thanks so much for enhancing this sim. Your little tweak .dll has improved the visual quality of FSX to an amazing degree.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hi folk. Look this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjbo4M8HVNY&fmt=18This is a dynamical adaptive lighting effect for FSX. Tis addon turn on post process engine on your videocard for calculate effects in realtime. I tune this addon and make adaptive effect. Visit this site http://www.boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html for more information about this addon.Download work version here:http://speedskater.ru/download/arccvid/EMBserie_for_MSFS.rarInstall in readme in archive. For more information visit site :http://www.boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html
Marniftarr, thank you for this wonderful effect! It has totally changed night flying for me, something I used to avoid. I have found it not only impacts sky and ground textures, but it actually sharpens the lights within my addon aircraft. It's almost like putting on a new pair of glasses and seeing much more clearly. On a side note, looking forward to your camera addon this summer. :( Curt

Guest simjunkie

I tried this, I like it...I'm a believer! And I'm one of the most skeptical persons I know. This is just beautiful! -jk