Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

I also missed this until recently and I'm more than happy I found it because it has made FSX look so much more realistic!!To answer your questions this "fix" in fact doesn't have anything to do with a specific addon in FSX but will change the lightning effect overall in FSX, I'm pretty sure you will be very happy with the change if your have the right hardware for it since it has been discussed in this thread that it's not all hardware that can use this in a good way.I have a Core i7-920 and a GTX285 and for me it works great!
Hmm, wonder if I have the right hardware. No problems with frame rate and smoothness, but it seems the image quality has lost some sharpness. I run 8xS Combined AA, which works wonderfully with FSX native Bloom On and of course without Bloom On. But as I say, just looks slightly fuzzy with this utility so it's not quite working good enough to use. Pity, since I do agree the contrast effects are very good overall.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I'm liking it so far. I've been doing the "looking up, out the windscreen / looking down onto the instrument panel" head bob several times in a row and really appreciate the lighting effect. I also like how the horizon looks realistic, in regards to visibility. An almost atmospheric effect, if you will.No significant framerate loss, as far as I can tell. Tried it with Tileproxy as well and I think it makes the scenery look even more realistic. Still experimenting but I like how it looks so far.

Alexander Alonso

Overall I like it a lot but I'm getting occasional flashes, definitely related to the mod as it doesn't happen if I turn it off. Any ideas how to address this?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I haven't come across the flashing, fortunately. The only negative I can find is when flying at night, it's a bit too bright. The "Milky Way" looks awful now and I wish I could simply remove it. The positive part is that the lights, such as those from buildings and vehicles looks significantly better at the brighter level. If anyone knows how to tone it done for night flying, please do share.Thanks!P.S. I installed the files in FS9 and it looks fantastic as well.

Alexander Alonso

Which setting makes the night even darker? I'd like the night colors to be a bit more darker.
[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountNight=5negative value makes it brighter and positive values darker (try 20).Cheers,

André

I've been using this lighting effect for some weeks and now I couldn't think of flying without it so a BIG THANK YOU to the developer of it, you transformed FSX into something really spectacular with your effect file !!

Richard Åsberg

Can someone post a well-working enbseries.ini to download? Something which doesn't affect the FPS too much but will give a good quality/performance to the FSX.Thanks in advance.

Was a DX10 version ever made??What happened to the original web page and YouTube video????Andy

i7-8086k OC @ 5GHz, 64Gb RAM,
GTX 1080ti 11Gb GPU, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Guest rdg
Yes Yes... But this effect - pure experiment. Not for use every day !
Hi and thank you for such a nice utlity. I would like to ask you one question if you dont mind. I have seen many of your posts in the past on different forums and you always say,"Not for use every day !" Not to be rude, but why do you say this?Kind RegardsBob G

Thought I'd ask this here as well, since this thread seems appropriate...When using the enbseries mod with 2D panels (admittedly in FS9, but this will apply also to FSX) I find that there is a really annoying flash - some kind of fading / transitioning - effect as I switch between views or open / close panels. I believe it should be controlled by the setting "BloomFadeTime" in the .ini file, but even setting this to 0 does not eliminate the problem completely. What I see then is a fade effect whenever I close part of a 2d panel or switch views, opening new 2D panels seems to be instant. If anyone knows how to eradicate this rather annoying effect completely, I'd love to know!Geoff

Of course everyone has their own taste but these are the settings I've been using and I'm very happy with them and to me they really transform FSX into looking REAL ![PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=44KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=100ChromePower=100UseCurrentFrameReflection=1ReflectionQuality=1ReflectionSourceSpecular=50ReflectionSourceTFactor=50UseAdditiveReflection=1ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=1ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=0EnvBumpAmount=100EnvBumpOffset=100ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=5BloomFadeTime=400BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=95BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=18BloomConstantNight=0BloomCurveNight=0BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=100[sSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=30BrighteningLevel=30IlluminationLevel=30AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=50UseForAlphaTest=0UseForAlphaBlend=0[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=30ScreenLevelDay=70ScreenLevelNight=1DarkeningAmountNight=15GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=-2ColorSaturationDay=0ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=40ShadowFadeEnd=80ShadowAmountDay=100ShadowAmountNight=30ShadowScreenLevelDay=60ShadowScreenLevelNight=20ShadowQuality=1UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=2ShadowBlurRange=30[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=1MotionBlurVelocity=0MotionBlurRotation=0[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=2DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=50DOFBlurinessRange=10

Richard Åsberg