Sign in to follow this  
darem

Suggested FSX.cfg tweaks for GTX285 2GB

I recently aquired a Gainward GTX285 with 2GB video memory - mostly because I am running FSX in 3360x1050 on two monitors, using the DualHead2Go from Matrox. The processor is a Q9550 OC'ed to 3.24GHz, 4GB RAM on Vista 64.I wonder if there are any suggested tweaks for this card regarding the fsx.cfg, especially because of the large video RAM. I have already applied the (necessary) bufferpools entry to 490MB (else I have crackles and pops), and TBM is set to 80.My question is mainly about being able to give more priority to autogen than to textures. Funny enough, I can fly low over forests and rural landscapes with autogen set to maximum, but I encounter serious framerate drops when flying over some larger cities like Munich in VFR Germany South. I have no blurries at all, and excellent image quality, but I just don't know how to tackle the autogen related framrate drop over cities.Any suggestions?

Guest Nick_N

The processor is a Q9550 OC'ed to 3.24GHzyes... increase that to 3.6-3.8the bottleneck in this situation is the CPU and if it is a DDR2 system, the platform as well