Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Annoying clicking sound with 727 panel

Guest Coneman

I looked for this in the archives but couldn't find it. How do you get rid of the constant clicking sound when using the Probst 727 panel?Thanks,Todd

The following is copied out of the FAQ section of the manual of Richard Probst's previous version of the 727 panel. I guess this is also valid for the newest edition:---Q: I HEAR A CONSTANT TICKING SOUND WHEN POWER IS ON.A: This is the vibrator for the altimeter, and it's completely normal.---So I'm afraid there is no way to get rid of it. I for myself got used to it.BTW, this is a great panel!Wolfgang

Guest mikehaska

Two solutions:1. Download the latest version of the panel. The sound volume of that effect has been reduced so it is much more livable now. He has also added an overhead panel and a revised autopilot.2. Find the sound file. It's name is rp727_2_altimeter.wav (or similar), it is in your FS2002/Sounds folder. Open it, and reduce the volume manually. In M$ Sound Recorder, this is Effects > Reduce VolumeHope this helps!

RTFMThis comes from the manualI HEAR A CONSTANT TICKING SOUND WHEN POWER IS ONThis is the vibrator for the altimeter, and it's completely normal. The vibrator helps prevent the altimeter needles from sticking. This is also the number one complaint that I've received on the last version. It was the first panel I know of to simulate this, and I think people hearing it for the first time were baffled as to what all the racket was.Yes, they are noisy. This particular sound however is a quieter vibrator that was recorded from a 737-300 and should ease your nerves a little.To disable the sound, open up the file named rp727_2_altimeter.wav with Sound Recorder, reduce the volume to nothing, then save the wav. Buy hey, you guys wanted realism didn't youEd

Guest Coneman

Thanks for the help guys. I've got an older version of the panel so it was making quite a racket. I found the wav file and just removed it. It wouldn't have been quite so bad, but the sound plays even in spot view, not very realistic. But I dearly love Mr. Probst's panel.Todd