Sign in to follow this  
Guest PilotGod

FS9 Queen of the Skies CTD

Guest PilotGod

I'm sorry if this is covered in another post, but I've searched for two days and haven't found a solution to my problem. What is happening is the passenger version of the 747-400 for FS9 crashes to desktop when I try to load any flight with that aircraft, the FS load screen appears, gets to about 5% load, then crashes. What is interesting is the -400F add-on works like a charm with no faults on load or in operation in the sim. This puzzles me and through all the FAQ's and posts in this forum I have yet to see a topic related to that. A little history of my setup. I was without internet for nearly a year and during that time had to reformat my hard drive. I had the downloads backed up, but without the ability to verify my purchase I just held off on the install. About a month ago, I moved and was able to get internet back and installed the 747-400 then the -400F as I had before when everything worked, now I run into this weird issue. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.System Specs:Processor: Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) 2.8GhzMemory: 1Gb DDR2 RAMHard Drive: Western Digital 160Gb 7200RPM w/ 75Gb Free SpaceVideo Card: ATI X300 128Mb PCI-E Sim: FS9.1System Drivers: Up to Date

Guest PilotGod

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I've read the main troubleshooting guidelines and have found my stuff to be in order with the exception of the "rendertexture" line in the .cfg. I do not have that line anywhere. As for the traffic.dll's both are installed and working fine. The only other aircraft I have that was installed through an installer are Hovercontrol's Bell 412 series and the T-37b MicroSimulator. Both were installed before the PMDG software as I did the last time I had my sim loaded with all the goodies. I guess my main frustration is that the cargo variants work fine, with both high and low res textures working fine, I have no gauge issues, it works flawlessly. The passenger variant doesn't, which seems weird as they reference the same main files. As for saving a new flight, then loading it. The same issues occur, the cargo variant works great and the passenger variant crashes to desktop. Yesterday, I uninstalled all files and reinstalled the passenger variant first and tested it before I loaded the cargo, same problems occured. Once I loaded the cargo variant, it works flawlessly. I'm stumped.Mike Parker

If using Vista, have you looked at problem reports and solutions to see what file is causing the CTD?

Guest PilotGod

Thanks everyone for the help, but I've still got the same issue. XST, I run XP Media Center SP3 with current updates. Vista is on my list after a RAM and Video card upgrade slated for later in the year. I think once I do that, I'll get the FSX version along with the MD11 and start over. I've done three complete uninstalls and reinstalls per the instructions. The only thing left would be a complete FS uninstall and reinstall, but I don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling all my aircraft and scenery. So...I guess I'll just fly freight. Thanks again to all for all the help. Mike Parker