Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guruswarmyoz

The VERY best of freeware a/c? and why?

Im with you on that John! Ive got all the Posky 767's merged with the 767PIC panel! What a dream!! You cant beat it!!!.

Guest JDH

Certainly agree with the Project Fokker birds, the best freeware around IMO!! :)

Guest Grey_Wolf

The AC 520 and 560 Commanders are my vote. Great fly by hand flight dynamics. Beutiful models and textures. Very useable panels, as well as the option of the DVC or a compleate 2D panel package (personally I fly the DVC)

Ditto that! As far as airliners go, the Fokker 70 in KLM livery is just stunning... and has an excellent cockpit as well... a real joy to fly!

Bert

Ditto that Wolf. ANYTHING that was created by Milton is, and will be a winner. It's better than any payware I have seen. They are the most realistic in the handling department and the attention to detail is superb. The Dash 7 is a beauty. It was built and then flown by Dash 7 pilots. The AC 5XX series is being flown by r/w Commander pilots, myself included. You can't go wrong!Don

Where can these be found?thanks,Andrew>The AC 520 and 560 Commanders are my vote. Great fly by hand>flight dynamics. Beutiful models and textures. Very useable>panels, as well as the option of the DVC or a compleate 2D>panel package (personally I fly the DVC)

Right here:Category: FS2002 Original AircraftAero Commander 560A(HC) WITHOUT VCFile Description:Aero Commander 560A(HC) WITHOUT VC for FS2002 by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andr

I like the Project Airbus A320 because its my favourite a/c and these guys nailed it! - Its visually perfect like no other A320 out there and the dynamics are superb. Mated with the PSS panel...:)Kinda getting 'scared' that they won't be back :(Have not tried Frolov's Dash8 - but I am sold on it - soon as the time's right - I'm there!Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

All of Brian Gladden's aircraft! My favorite is the Zenair STOL. Also the Lake Renegade turbo 270 is a great floatplane. High quality and super vc's to boot! Bill Lyons planes both free and payware are some of the finest aircraft available. All of his efforts are highly immersive in nature and just plain FUN! Some of the freeware planes even include extra scenery and vehicles to drive. Bill is one of the true innovators in flight simulation addons. Visit his website at http://windrfters.com/index.htm .One warning, you won't find any heavies there. Most of his creations are VFR gems best appreciated going low and slow - perfect for bush flying (except that hot rod Swift!). Just put Bill's or Brian's name in the extended search here at Avsim and download till you drop.

Thanks for mentioning my Stuff :-)As for my Fav's......(not counting my own work)Steven Grant's BeaversMike Stone's GooseYeo Designs 737-200HJG Jetstar IDefault Baron with Steve Smiths DynamicsBrian

I like Project Airbus A320's and Poject Fokker F70 & F100's. I like these the best cause they fly beautifully, and over 90% of my landings with these planes are excellent.Im looking foward to seeing the v2 of Project Fokkers F70 and F100 planes and the v2 of Project Airbs A320 planes.

Guest Guruswarmyoz

With out a doubt something decent & military!I would wholeheartedly suggest that you go here http://www.dsbdesign.cjb.net/ and download this Eurofighter Typhoon, this would have to be with out any doubt the best free or payware Military fighter i have yet seen.