Sign in to follow this  
pve

iFly 747 missing SID speed entries

Hi TerryThanks for your good work on the iFLY 747. I just loaded the terminal procedures and find that the SID speed entrys are missing off the FMC flightplan legs page. I checked the original SID example and that that loads all the speeds OK. Not sure what's missing but you can't use VNAV with speed hold till reaching cruise level where the speed fields are entered.

Paul EGLD

Guest staang

Hi Paul,The procedures should have speed restrictions when they are listed in the FAA data I get. Can you send me an example or two of what procedures/waypoints are missing a speed restriction?RegardsTerry

Hi Paul,The procedures should have speed restrictions when they are listed in the FAA data I get. Can you send me an example or two of what procedures/waypoints are missing a speed restriction?RegardsTerry
Hi TerryI found the the problem, An example is iFLY 747 EDDF SID in all the lines at position 10 there is a number 1. According to the procedures manual this number is flag for speed constraint to be added in next field. So if no speed constraint appears it defaults to nothing. I removed all the Number 1's from the file and it loads the correct FMC computed fields. Is it possible to remove them from all files?I also notices that the EGLL SID only has headers, Paul

Paul EGLD

Guest staang

Hi Paul,>>I found the the problem, An example is iFLY 747 EDDF SID in all the lines at position 10 there is a number 1.Sorry, I don't have an EDDF in my database.>>I also notices that the EGLL SID only has headers, I just looked at all of the EGLL procedures and they all have full lines of data. Are the procedures you have made by someone else? Or perhaps you got a bad 0904 download?RegardsTerry

Hi Paul,>>I found the the problem, An example is iFLY 747 EDDF SID in all the lines at position 10 there is a number 1.Sorry, I don't have an EDDF in my database.>>I also notices that the EGLL SID only has headers, I just looked at all of the EGLL procedures and they all have full lines of data. Are the procedures you have made by someone else? Or perhaps you got a bad 0904 download?RegardsTerry
Hi TerryI downloaded thele again, If you check KLAX SID I see number 1 in all the 9th fields. load the SID and no FMC speeds, change the 1 to 0 and speeds show OK. Most SID's have this problem. Also the SID's are all shown in the FMC depature page but there is only 1 waypoint loaded in the legs page for all the EGLL SID's.

Paul EGLD

Guest staang

Hi Paul,>>If you check KLAX SID I see number 1 in all the 9th fields. load the SID and no FMC speeds, change the 1 to 0 and speeds show OK.Yup I see what you are talking about. However, the data in the 9th field is for indicating a condition waypoint or not. Changing it to a zero just turns off the conditional flag. The 10th field turns on the speed restriction. Anyway, those ones should be mostly zeros anyway so I'll have to find out why the logic failed there. Once this is fixed I will probably upload a new set of procedures to my site.>>Also the SID's are all shown in the FMC depature page but there is only 1 waypoint loaded in the legs page for all the EGLL SID'sThis one is somewhat more difficult. As near as I can tell conditional waypoints are not doable. According to the format instructions from the iFly team conditional waypoints do not have a geographic coordinate but the gauge still needs a set of coordinates in order to draw a route line on the screen. This presents a problem because there are no coordinates to use as per the definition of a conditional waypoint. The only way around this I know of is to ignore conditional waypoints. When this happens no waypoint is generated. This can mean if a SID is composed of conditional waypoints then that SID will not get printed or only a part of a SID will be generated if only some of the waypoints are conditional. This is one I don't know how to fix but after having said all this I still put data into conditional waypoints just in case something changes.

Hi Paul,>>If you check KLAX SID I see number 1 in all the 9th fields. load the SID and no FMC speeds, change the 1 to 0 and speeds show OK.Yup I see what you are talking about. However, the data in the 9th field is for indicating a condition waypoint or not. Changing it to a zero just turns off the conditional flag. The 10th field turns on the speed restriction. Anyway, those ones should be mostly zeros anyway so I'll have to find out why the logic failed there. Once this is fixed I will probably upload a new set of procedures to my site.>>Also the SID's are all shown in the FMC depature page but there is only 1 waypoint loaded in the legs page for all the EGLL SID'sThis one is somewhat more difficult. As near as I can tell conditional waypoints are not doable. According to the format instructions from the iFly team conditional waypoints do not have a geographic coordinate but the gauge still needs a set of coordinates in order to draw a route line on the screen. This presents a problem because there are no coordinates to use as per the definition of a conditional waypoint. The only way around this I know of is to ignore conditional waypoints. When this happens no waypoint is generated. This can mean if a SID is composed of conditional waypoints then that SID will not get printed or only a part of a SID will be generated if only some of the waypoints are conditional. This is one I don't know how to fix but after having said all this I still put data into conditional waypoints just in case something changes.
Hi Terry It could be a mistake in the manual or the FMC code for the speed numbering field. Anyway removing the 1 fixes it and it would be good to get all the files done. I can see the problems with SID waypoints maybe if they change the format in future updates something can be done.Thanks

Paul EGLD

Guest staang

>>Also the SID's are all shown in the FMC depature page but there is only 1 waypoint loaded in the legs page for all the EGLL SID's.Almost forgot to address this specifically. To my knowlege the iFly FMC only does SID common and enroute transitions. It does not do runway transitions. The SIDs at EGLL use mostly runway transitions going into the common part which is why the runway transitions do not show up but the common part does.Regards,Terry