Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

FS Genesis?

Hello,I recently purchased Aerosoft's "Airports of Mexico"scenery package which is very good,and I was looking to add some mesh detail for Mexico.I found that FS Genesis has it at a very good price,but I can't find any preview shots or gallery to view a sample of it.If anyone is familiar with FS Genesis how is it? Is The Mexico scenery good?Do you know of any links with previews?Thanks very much!/Patrick/

i have FS Genesis mesh and i think it is a fantastic addon. Justin is working on eliminating all the airport plateau's, i think he is doing alaska and hawaii right now. it makes a big difference over the default mesh.

Guest zonie

Another yes for FSGenesis. A must have in my opinion, especially in mountainous areas. Also check out the freeware Mexico City package at OZx.

Guest 413X3

a long time ago i purchased the lifetime membership and have never been happier. it got me fs9 addons and now fsx addons. justin deserves the business, it must take up so much of his time. everyone buy into his membership!!

a long time ago i purchased the lifetime membership and have never been happier. it got me fs9 addons and now fsx addons. justin deserves the business, it must take up so much of his time. everyone buy into his membership!!
I'll chime in "pro" FSGenesis as well. I bought a lifetime "galaxy" membership 5 or more years ago for $100 and that was a very sound investment. Justin seems dedicated to the product and has provided innovative features.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

That's great!!! Thank you very much for the feedback,looks like by the overwhelming support you guy's have shown that FS Genesis is a real winner,I'm off to make my purchase :( Thank You!

That's great!!! Thank you very much for the feedback,looks like by the overwhelming support you guy's have shown that FS Genesis is a real winner,I'm off to make my purchase :( Thank You!
I've been using FSGenesis mesh for years...Justin is a strobe light in the addon business. You can't go wrong.

Guest simjunkie

Same here. Great addon mesh and great guy. -jk

I couldn't agree more. His mesh is all over both my FS9 and FSX installations. Cheers,Alex ChristoffBaltimore, MD
I couldn't agree more. His mesh is all over both my FS9 and FSX installations. Cheers,Alex ChristoffBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Ive never really looked too seriously at mesh add ons but Ive been a simmer for over 10 years. Can you guys shed some light on why it makes your simming experience so much better? Im considering (again) to invest in FSGenesis.

Ive never really looked too seriously at mesh add ons but Ive been a simmer for over 10 years. Can you guys shed some light on why it makes your simming experience so much better? Im considering (again) to invest in FSGenesis.
one reason only, it makes the rounded default FSX mountains look like real mountains and not like big hills. remember thisthe default mesh in FSX is 38M and you are going to 10 M with FSGenesis. so instead of reading one elevation point every 38 meters, you are getting almost 4 per 38 meters with the FSG mesh. i'm sure once you have it and fly in any area where there are mountains you will be impressed. in my area i fly near the Appalachian mountain range, in FSX they just looked like rounded hills and they really are more then that in most places, the new mesh made it look 100% better. Justin has my vote for a great product.

Guest jshyluk

Let's be fair, there is a downside to having detailed terrain mesh: it's a strain for computer systems that might already be stressed for resources. If you have a lower-end system, you might have problems with a new mesh. For that matter, only so much data can fit onto the FSX disks, so much of the world has a "low" resolution of terrain in the default sim. Overall, though, FSX terrain has a higher resolution than in FS9.However, if you have lots of system overhead, especially free hard drive space, then a mesh is a fine investment. FSGenesis has proven to be a high quality product over the years, and Justin has been tireless in trying to fix the issues of "airport plateaus". This issue is caused by incongruity between FSX elevation data and the terrain mesh data (which is much newer and more precise), as well as the need for the land that FSX airports sit on to be perfectly flat. It's not an issue that is easy for the average user to fix on their own.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thanks guysThat's what I was thinking mesh did; you would think I know more about this being familiar with GIS and all... :-)I use FS9 98% of the time since Im running a full size home LJ45 sim but I know one day FSX will be running once I upgrade my current very awesome FS9 machine to 'very awesome' FSX status...That said, would it be worth it for my FS9 install still? Most flights, while corporate/private, are still held at high altitudes.

But Jeff, the problem with the FSX mesh, even if it is more detailed, whatever than thFS9, is that few people enjoy the ubiquitous desert textures we inherited from FSX. Desert in Hawaii? So for no other reason than to replace these awful textures, pay the modest fee.

Let's be fair, there is a downside to having detailed terrain mesh: it's a strain for computer systems that might already be stressed for resources. If you have a lower-end system, you might have problems with a new mesh. For that matter, only so much data can fit onto the FSX disks, so much of the world has a "low" resolution of terrain in the default sim. Overall, though, FSX terrain has a higher resolution than in FS9.However, if you have lots of system overhead, especially free hard drive space, then a mesh is a fine investment. FSGenesis has proven to be a high quality product over the years, and Justin has been tireless in trying to fix the issues of "airport plateaus". This issue is caused by incongruity between FSX elevation data and the terrain mesh data (which is much newer and more precise), as well as the need for the land that FSX airports sit on to be perfectly flat. It's not an issue that is easy for the average user to fix on their own.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.