Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Cant Dload files from the libary!!

Guest Puma

Hey!!Im havn trouble with your libary, i cant download any files from it, i always get a box saying the Document Contains No Data, its been like that this 2 months, getn anoyn now, i tried Right Clickn and savn the target but thats no use ither, i also tried some suggestions on the FAQ page which yous kindly put together and stil no joy.Any Help would be gr8!!Thx David!!

David,Maybe it's the file you are trying to download. Can you supply me with a file id?

Guest Puma

Its not just 1 file, its all the files, i cant dload anything, heres another thing i tried dloadn videos from a site last nite on a FTP mirror link ther was and i was getn the same problem as i do here, then i tried dloadn them on the HTTP mirror link and i have no probs, i dunno if that will give u any clues to wats the problem!!Thanks David!!

Guest Puma

Yea i seen that ages ago, my FTP has always been enabled, im using firefox at the minute, also the default browser is no help ither, same prob and im using Broadband/Cable.

That's wierd. I am using Firefox and it's working fine. Make sure your firewalls are disabled, maybe that is causing it.If nothing in the FAQ helped, I might call up my ISP and ask them what's up. It's obviously on your end, and it could very well be the ISP.Let me know how it goes.

Guest Puma

Hi chase!!I sorted the problem, guess wat it was my dam Macafee Firewall was set at filter and that was stopping my internet from connecting with avsim, i set the firewall to allow all traffic and it sorted the problem!!I think thats 1 u could put in the FAQ page!!Thanks very much for helping me!!Cheers David!!!

It should be in there already. You probably read over it. I will look and see if it's included.

Ya, it's in there.Why does the server keep "resetting my connection"?Some users have reported that the download would abort and a message saying "The connection has been reset" popped up. This is a classic symptom of firewall problems -- your firewall is not letting FTP traffic through. Recently, reports of this have been increased due to the default settings of the Windows Firewall as distributed with Windows XP Service Pack 2. To fix this problem rapidly (although this is not the "best" solution): 1. Click on Start | Control Panel | Network Options... 2. Locate your network connection, right click, then select Properties | Advanced... 3. Ensure that the firewall is not enabled for this connection. A better solution would be to configure the Windows Firewall to handle FTP. However, that is beyond the scope of this guide.I thought it would be understood that you can have other firewalls than just the default Windows one. I will consider re-wording that once I get some time.