Sign in to follow this  

no sound

hi all, ive been a user of rc4 for a while now and lately i have encountered a sound problem.i start rc4, go back into the sim (fs9) the rc display appears but theres no voices. i must add i have rc installed for both fs9 and fsx on the same rig on vista home premium.can anyone help?many thanks, chris

Chris Howard

hi all, ive been a user of rc4 for a while now and lately i have encountered a sound problem.i start rc4, go back into the sim (fs9) the rc display appears but theres no voices. i must add i have rc installed for both fs9 and fsx on the same rig on vista home premium.can anyone help?many thanks, chris
what has changed? it was working? and now it isn't?do you hear any sounds?start rc, go to the airplane info screen, and click the speaker. do you hear anything?jd

what has changed? it was working? and now it isn't?do you hear any sounds?start rc, go to the airplane info screen, and click the speaker. do you hear anything?jd
Hi JD, yes it was working up untill i installed it into fsx. i have already tried what u suggested with the speaker and no call sign can be heard. i recon my best bet would be to uninstall from both sims and a fresh installwhat do you think?On top of that i will be putting xp back in next week as ive had nothing but problems with vista especially trying to run fs9. great product jd and looking forward to rc5, thanks for your helpchris

Chris Howard

Hi JD, yes it was working up untill i installed it into fsx. i have already tried what u suggested with the speaker and no call sign can be heard. i recon my best bet would be to uninstall from both sims and a fresh installwhat do you think?On top of that i will be putting xp back in next week as ive had nothing but problems with vista especially trying to run fs9. great product jd and looking forward to rc5, thanks for your helpchris
reinstalling is not my favorite method of troubleshooting. for me, i usually end up at the same spot i was, an hour or more before.what has changed on your machine, since the time it was working, and now? whatever has changed is usually 99% of the time the culpritjd

reinstalling is not my favorite method of troubleshooting. for me, i usually end up at the same spot i was, an hour or more before.what has changed on your machine, since the time it was working, and now? whatever has changed is usually 99% of the time the culpritjd
Hello there jd, getting back to this sound problem i had, it seems that a setting in my realtek audio manager was the prob.my setting was on 5.1 surround but i had a fiddle and switched it to stereo and to the rescue of my sanity all is well which is just as well as the default atc was starting to do my brain in with there strange vectoring and rollercoaster altitude changes, so, thanks for your replys and, appologies for all the keys youve generated for me(somewhere in the region of 21!!!!)chris

Chris Howard