Sign in to follow this  
Aerodynamic

FSDreamTeam JFK Demo

I would really like to purchase FSDreamTeam's JFK scenery, however something is holding me back. When I tried the demo, I used real world weather and selected to start at the active runway. It would put me on the holding short area of 4R. As I turned onto 4R to takeoff, I got a couple of really bad stutters. Bad enough that it was almost like the sim froze for a split second. After that, it was back to normal and frame rates were in the 25-35 range. When I flew around checking out the airport all was very fluid and then I'd get a couple more stutters in spot view in certain areas. It's really odd and I don't want to buy the airport if it's going to essentially pause the sim very briefly when I am on final.Has anyone else experienced this? I have not registered in their forum yet, but I have read in there that FSDT sceneries are designed for FSX and are made backwards compatible for FS2004. Not sure if this is isolated to just me or if it is their FS2004 JFK scenery in general.Thanks for any info on this.Scott

We all know the MFS New York City area is heavy on frames. However FSDreamTeam have made a great ob on this.Well, I'm a lucky owner of this scenery and must tell you I haven't experienced any stuttering there.Even though I additionally have a few more sceneries in that area installed (landclass, mesh, terrain and objects).So it is not a problem of the scenery itself (I would get the stutters as well). Have you installed anything else around? Maybe other NY airports? Are you using Ultimate Terrain USA? If so, try deactivating (this addon or others from the area) and see if that's the cure.Also try searching their forums (you don't have to be registered to do so) and check if anyone else has had this problem.Umberto is very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions and support.EDIT: I've just had a look there for you. Here's something maybe:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1268.0http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1551.0

We all know the MFS New York City area is heavy on frames. However FSDreamTeam have made a great ob on this.Well, I'm a lucky owner of this scenery and must tell you I haven't experienced any stuttering there.Even though I additionally have a few more sceneries in that area installed (landclass, mesh, terrain and objects).So it is not a problem of the scenery itself (I would get the stutters as well). Have you installed anything else around? Maybe other NY airports? Are you using Ultimate Terrain USA? If so, try deactivating (this addon or others from the area) and see if that's the cure.Also try searching their forums (you don't have to be registered to do so) and check if anyone else has had this problem.Umberto is very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions and support.EDIT: I've just had a look there for you. Here's something maybe:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1268.0http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1551.0
I just reinstalled FS2004 fresh again yesterday for testing and tried the JFK demo first thing without any addons and flying the default Learjet. It is definitely something with the scenery, or it's something with my hardware. But my hardware seems great when I go to other airports. I also tried the Cloud 9 LAX scenery demo and it works just wonderfully. The only thing I have altered in the fs9.cfg is the default radius, extended radius, and I set the texture bandwidth to 400. I get great performance and texture clarity with my hardware. I am reading those linked threads now....Thanks,Scott