Sign in to follow this  
bojote

A new discovery (bug report follow-up)

Jim, Damian,A while ago, I reported an issue with the FMC winds reported and those shown when pressing CTRL-Z. They were completely different with the FMC winds corresponding to the 'initial' weather station (e.g departure airport) this, of course, affected complex add-on planes because the FMC had wind data not related to the weather around the aircraft, causing S-Turns and erratic LNAV following.The problem, as I said, is that FMC data differs considerably from what the weather is around your aircraft... I found a way, to make those winds MATCH, with no discrepancy, making it easier to troubleshoot the problem.Essentially, what needs to be done is tick the option to disable Turbulence and thermal effects around your aircraft in the Weather tab of the FSX menu, obviously this is NOT a solution, but a way to help troubleshoot what the problem is. Whith this option ticked, the weather WILL match (and you will see the crazy wind shifts. They shift from the initial station weather conditions, to the current station your are overflying, if you access the FSX menu, then, it will no longer shift between the initial station and current, but from the 'latest station reported weather' when you accessed the menu.. is as if a weather station data gets 'stuck' and FSX shifts between that station and your current one.This happens randomly, back and forth even if the rate of weather change is set to 0% and is NOT related to ASA updates, it happens even when ASA is not updating weather (i have it set to every 10 mins) and I have thermals and up/downdrafts disabled in ASA, so.. this is something that either FSX is doing or FSUIPC unless ASA is doing something and not reporting it on the main status screen. (my FSUIPC settings are set to Normal Defaults and Weather options OFF)I do have DWC enabled, a flight plan loaded and both enhance route coverage and create virtual stations set to on.Please, this is EXTREMELY annoying and it kills the experience!

Hi,OK thanks for this. I will point the development team to this post!Thanks,