Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Airport Environment Upgrade

Which is the latest version, or the best for FS2004?Airport Environment Upgrade 7Airport Environment Upgrade EXAirport Environment Upgrade MX?And is this one finished? Should I get it=Airport Environment Upgrade 8 is it full, or will it work with version 7? If this is the latest version, where can i get the full one?Link = http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...age=1&Go=GoPlease do reply, I want a straight forward answer so then I can go straight to the download. :(

Guest lgvpilot1

You know if you set the seach paramaters to date and scan mode then all the clues are there :(http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...;Go=Change+ViewFrom the description of AEU8File Description:These are the textures from the unfinished version of the Airport Environment Upgrade (AEU8) project that I abandoned in December of 2005. For best results you should use these textures along with AEU7 (aeu7.zip)So with all this information we can safely assume the best thing to do is install AEU 7 and then install AEU 8 Mark

Oh, thanks, so MX (Masters version) and EX, are actually the oldest versions. I see, soo how did you get to the "parameters" page? So I have to download v7 then install v8, these are the latest versions Mark? :(

Take a look at the top part of the results page after you have searched for a particular author or file type.The sort by date, and the display mode are options you can select. The attached is an example.

Guest lgvpilot1
Oh, thanks, so MX (Masters version) and EX, are actually the oldest versions. I see, soo how did you get to the "parameters" page? So I have to download v7 then install v8, these are the latest versions Mark? :(
Yep download and install AEU 7 then install AEU 8 going by the readme AEU 8 will just over write some of the textures that AEU 7 installed And as far as setting the parameters goes , I think Opa has made it as clear and as simple to do as is possibleMark

I would highly recommend Real Environment Pro. Not only it has excellent runway (dry, wet and snow) and taxiway textures but improves the overall environment as well. The sky, water, sun and trees will look better.I also have to mention soft horizons by John Cillis for a very realistic horizon when airborne. It works perfectly with REP too.These can be found in the libraryHappy landings

Hi,Active SkyV6.5 has a weather engine and Active Sky Graphics.

Thanks have Active Sky and graphics.I'll check for the Real Environment Pro, does these work with Airport Environment Upgrade? I like AEU's taxiways and white runways. Anyway to place just few of REP into texture folder?Will REP work when Active Sky is running? I.e. reflections etc? And I have FS2004 on Local Disk D not C, does that mean I have to install REP into D/Program Files/Real Environment Pro? Will it still work for my FS?

Thanks have Active Sky and graphics.I'll check for the Real Environment Pro, does these work with Airport Environment Upgrade? I like AEU's taxiways and white runways. Anyway to place just few of REP into texture folder?Will REP work when Active Sky is running? I.e. reflections etc? And I have FS2004 on Local Disk D not C, does that mean I have to install REP into D/Program Files/Real Environment Pro? Will it still work for my FS?
I don't know if REP will work with AS. It does work with AEU perfectly, no problems.REP installs a set of textures (sky, water, ground, etc) into the main FS texture folder, you can install any of them separately too via the program's interface. REP can work from anywhere, C or D.Just make sure you make a back-up before installing anything.BTW, REP has a back-up utility, I haven't used it but some people have had problems with it. Back up your texture folder manually (copy-paste) and you should be OK. REP is very simple to use, doesn't interfere with anything and is an excellent freeware add-on.

Yea, just did what you told me (copy and paste) before I added the AEU. Anyways, thanks, enjoy REP with AS, does work. Has anyone found the publisher which makes runway lights look better etc?