Sign in to follow this  
ferrari308guy

Computer Starts, Blank Screen

Hey guys, I have an issue that I really need help with.I was putting some old parts into a half-empy computer with the hopes of creating a fully functioning one. I put all the components in...loaded windows...drivers...everything was ready to go, and I was getting ready to load software on it. Suddenly, my computer froze, so I had to pull the plug. When I tried to start it again, the computer turned on, all the fans started going, but nothing appeared on the moniter. I checked that the moniter actually was plugged in, and that it was functioning properly, which it was. I have no idea what to do next, has anybody had an issue like this? I have heard it could possibly be a power supply issue, so I put in a video card that required less power, but it still didn't work. Any help would be great. The video card I was running was a Nvidia 8600GT, I bumped it down to an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro, but it still doesn't work. It has 2.5GB RAM inside. Ferrari

Phil Coyle - FlightSimCon Event Organizer

phil@flightsimcon.com

da935.png

Ok, now I'm even more confused.I removed the video card, and hooked the moniter to the plug coming from the motherboard...Now the screen shows something, but the computer hangs on the Windows XP loading screen...No idea...Ferrari

phil@flightsimcon.com

da935.png

Some things to try...1. If your are putting together random parts, you may need to reset the CMOS jumper. B. Get into the BIOS and reset the clock. Some computers won't boot completely or at all without the proper time. 3. While you are there, make sure you are set for onboard graphics . Forget the video card for now, take it out of the computer. Just get the thing up and running.D. Try loading default BIOS settings if you have that option.5. Keep us postedBob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Got it working, thanks for your help.Had to revert to onboard graphics, then put the video card and drivers in again. Fingers are crossed that it will continue to funtion without problems.Ferrari

phil@flightsimcon.com

da935.png