Sign in to follow this  
Guest kludge

No cockpit views in Cheyenne

Guest kludge

I downloaded the Piper Cheyenne MkIII version 2 aircraft from the file library and installed it to the instructions contained within. When I load the aircraft neither the cockpit or VC views are there, so no panels or gauges at all. Transparent aircraft is unique and the view outside unparalleled, though I don't think that's what the author intended somehow.Any ideas how to get my gauges back? I did try loading the C172 first and then switching to the Cheyenne, but no change. I have several other add-on aircraft installed without issues.

I downloaded the Piper Cheyenne MkIII version 2 aircraft from the file library and installed it to the instructions contained within. When I load the aircraft neither the cockpit or VC views are there, so no panels or gauges at all. Transparent aircraft is unique and the view outside unparalleled, though I don't think that's what the author intended somehow.Any ideas how to get my gauges back? I did try loading the C172 first and then switching to the Cheyenne, but no change. I have several other add-on aircraft installed without issues.
What is the exact filename please? And the author's name also.The reason I ask is that I do not find the aircraft based on your description in your original post.With that info one of us can download it and see if we can spot the problem.

Guest kludge
What is the exact filename please? And the author's name also.The reason I ask is that I do not find the aircraft based on your description in your original post.With that info one of us can download it and see if we can spot the problem.
Thanks Opa. The aircraft is here: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=91036

Thanks Opa. The aircraft is here: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=91036
This is an easy fix this time.There is a typo in the aircraft.cfg file which is preventing any panel from displaying properly.Using Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg file and find the line which starts with panel=.It presently reads panel=1 - change it to read just panel =OR change the name of the panel folder to read panel.1 Either method will work.You will not get a good VC with this aircraft as one was apparently not included in the model but the 2D should display the Lear 45 panel properly now.While you are in the aircraft.cfg file you may also wish to make the same edits to the sound= line or the name of the sound folder - they have the same error.Hope this gets you up and running! :(

This is an easy fix this time.There is a typo in the aircraft.cfg file which is preventing any panel from displaying properly.Using Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg file and find the line which starts with panel=.It presently reads panel=1 - change it to read just panel =OR change the name of the panel folder to read panel.1 Either method will work.You will not get a good VC with this aircraft as one was apparently not included in the model but the 2D should display the Lear 45 panel properly now.While you are in the aircraft.cfg file you may also wish to make the same edits to the sound= line or the name of the sound folder - they have the same error.Hope this gets you up and running! :(
Hi David. The sound will not work either. The author made the same mistake in the sound=1 entry. It should be:sound=too just like the panel line. Best regards, Bob.

Bob - Must be an "echo" here - I believe I called attention to the sound issue also in my post about correcting the panel problem.At least the OP will have confirmation that there are indeed two areas of concern. :(

Bob - Must be an "echo" here - I believe I called attention to the sound issue also in my post about correcting the panel problem.At least the OP will have confirmation that there are indeed two areas of concern. :(
OOOPS!!!!! Sorry about that. You are 100% right. My old eyes did not catch it. Please forgive me. Best regards, Bob.

OOOPS!!!!! Sorry about that. You are 100% right. My old eyes did not catch it. Please forgive me. Best regards, Bob.
Hey - no problem - bet my old eyes are older than yours!!

Guest kludge
Hey - no problem - bet my old eyes are older than yours!!
Thanks a bundle guys!