Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

The next installment in the Commander Series?

Guest danowat

Hi,I was just wondering when the next commander (600) in milton shupes great commander series was coming out, the website says 10/05/03.I have been flying the wings of the other two!!!!.Dan.

Guest Milton

Hi Dan,Actually the 680 Super is due out shortly. There will be three paint schemes by Andr

Man, Milton, you are spoiling us!!! I think every designer should release products like this, pretty cool knowing you are getting a new and different version every 5-6 weeks! LOL (just kidding guys!)Did you ever get your system upgraded Milton?Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest rogue1

Drat, guess I'll just have to settle for flying the AC560 for a while longer. ;-)Thanks to you and your team, Milton.Jim

Guest Milton

Hi Michael,The Twin Commander Series project was structured so as to take advantage of each model change (airframe, tail, nacelles and wings) to minimize time required for each model release.The fuselage was lengthened, the tail was swept, the nacelles redone, and the main gear suspension changed for the 560A .. a lot of work. The 680 Super is structurally the same as the 560A so only the interior, panel, VC, props, engines, flight dynamics, and paint needed to be changed. Once the textures are ready and approved, she will be released.The next out straight 500 gets a wing stretch to 49', and new interior, panel, VC, Props, flight dynamics, and paint schemes. Of course with a wing change, the many layers of detail will have to be redone requiring a lot of time.But, a good investment because the same wings lead us to the 680E and F, the 500 Shrike and later, possibly the 680FL.Yes, I just replaced my computer last week. I now can can fly with fps above 12 for a change, and unstick my sliders from the far left. :-) It also improved my gmax exports to FS from 25 minutes to 8 minutes. :-)I'm a happy camper right now seeing trees, buildings and clouds. It unfortunately makes each 10 minute test session about an hour long however as I enjoy this "new" sim. lolMilton

Guest Milton

LOL Jim,I often go back to fly the 520 and 560. They are different and the 520 is such a sweet hand-flyer.Hopefully, you will not be disappointed in the 680 Super. She has climbing power and great cruise speeds, even on econo-cruise.The 680 is special in other ways too ... the backlit gauges and a few other little things thrown in for differentiation.Scott made a special trip to an Ohio museum for pictures for one version and it helped a lot with the new panel and interior to see that. The U4b is a beautiful aircraft. :-)And we'll bring back the Mobil Pegasus in the Magnolia Pipe Line Co. 680 scheme.The third paint scheme will be left to Andr

Guest danowat

Hi Milton,Thanks for the reply, I can't wait to get my hands on the next one :).I very much appreciate these planes, they are great freeware, keep up the very good workDan.

Guest freequest

As u said in my post today they are the sweetest twins i have ever used... none of that i ALT-Enter to change to view to seee over the 2D panel just fun to fly :)These planes are worthy of a round the world trip each of them :)

Guest Wang D. Doodle

I wonder if the current Aerocommander will include President Eisenhower's Commander, which he used to fly to his home in Gettysburg, Pa.? I think this would be a nice touch--perhaps the only light twin in presidential colors. Material found on the internet states that Ike's Commander was a UB4B model (military designation), the equivalent of an L-26. Ike first used it on June 3, 1955, and later (after an operation) even flew in it on a stretcher. The aircraft is now at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. I don't know which model in the excellent current series corresponds to a UB4B/L-26, but keep hoping that the presidential colors will appear in one of the upcoming releases. In the meantime, they're all a gas to fly, regardless of livery!

Guest Milton

You mean this one? ;-)

Guest Wang D. Doodle

Yes! Beautiful. Hop in, Mamie.....and Milton (!?!?)What model is that in the civil series?

Milton,Has your website changed addresses? Can't seem to get to the flightsimonline.com one anymore...sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Milton

Two weeks ago we took down most of the site as it was becoming dated and I had no time to update 100 web pages. :-/ We did this as a result of our host going under and having to re-establish a host site.The URL is the same but now only supports our projects:http://www.flightsimonline.comMilton