Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 Product overview

Guest joyu24

PAX in cabin and a Dash(Hopefully the DH8-Q400)? ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PMDG! :(

Guest JDHaynes
Robert (and the rest of PMDG),Since this series looks like a sort of between express and the wide body fleet would you consider another BAe project like the AVRO RJ's? Nothing beets a steep approach into London City ;-) Im sure it will fit in perfectly in this series at some point and with your contact for the JS4100 im sure you can use the same contact for the RJ ;-) (if not i have a few contacts in BAe as Im flying this for a living)Rene
+1I would do anything to get my hands on a PMDG Avro RJ. I took my first jumpseat ride to Cologne and back so I would love to fly it in flight sim :) There is already a BAe-146 by Aerosoft, but by the looks of it, the FMC is a seperate flight plan loader program and it isn't good! As far as I know, there isn't an Avro yet apart from a freeware addon. Flight simulator needs a good Avro, especially for those London city approaches : )Jack Haynes

Just when you thought FS couldn't get any better.....PMDG do it again :( I too need to get out of 2D flying and get used to 3D and TRACK IR, but this baby will make it all worthwhile.Looking forward to this little British gem!!Ben

We've added visual ice accumulation on areas of the airplane that would normally be expected to collect ice in such conditions. We've also given you the ice-detection system that will remind you when it is time to begin paying attention to your airplane.
:( Has visual ice ever been modeled on any Flightsim aircraft, payware or otherwise? I can't think of any. Stunning! Can't wait to see it.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

:( Has visual ice ever been modeled on any Flightsim aircraft, payware or otherwise? I can't think of any. Stunning! Can't wait to see it.
The Flight1 Mustang has ice accumulate on wings and windshield if you fly in icing conditions and forget the AI systems. A nice touch, and it is really welcome on the JS41 (as I suppose it flies more often in icing conditions than the bigger airliners).

Getting cold just thinking about it!!! :(

This is all very exciting news. I am glad to hear you are considering releasing the paper manuals. I would say if nothing else out of the whole MD-11 set the only thing I use frequently is the spiral Quick Reference Handbook. Something like that with just your normal startup checklists and an emergency procedures tab. With these complex turbo props and new failures that emergency section of the checklist I think may become quite handy.

The Flight1 ATR also modeled visual ice.I'm hoping the J41 models bird strikes with smashed glass... hint, Vin, hint :-)

Wow, I may end up on FSX if the frame rates are good. However...

we will not release an FS9 version of this product. Market data shows a decreasing trend on FS2004- so we have decided for this new product line to focus only on FSX- as this allows us the greatest opportunity to explore new technologies.
Does that mean that the Dash-? will be for FSX only also?It would be a shame not to use the GNS-XLS somewhere else *Cough*E120*Hack* :(

Joe Sherrill

This looks incredible. You can count me in for a purchase. I must say that I am hoping for the dash 8 q300 as it's so widely used, but it would be nice if there was a q300 and q400. This is also making me look forward to the ng2.0. ng2.0 + AirTran livery KPHL>KMCO=flight simming goodness! Thanks for your hard work and letting us know about the dash. One question though...what do you expect first, the dash or the ng2.0?Chad

No 2d panel.... Oh well, guess I'll have to live with that, already have a plane that's 3d only.Guess the time nears to buy that addon I've been umming and arring about lol.Hope the liveries will be varied and mostly real ones. And the Dash... Oh well, longer wait for the RJ but there are a few years to go yet.I can live without failures for a while anyway, just learning to fly it will do for a bit. Guess simmers have to be a 'Jack of all trades' as we don't have to fly one aircraft type a time unlike the 'commercials'... probably why we crash more lol.John Ellison

+1I would do anything to get my hands on a PMDG Avro RJ. I took my first jumpseat ride to Cologne and back so I would love to fly it in flight sim :) There is already a BAe-146 by Aerosoft, but by the looks of it, the FMC is a seperate flight plan loader program and it isn't good! As far as I know, there isn't an Avro yet apart from a freeware addon. Flight simulator needs a good Avro, especially for those London city approaches : )Jack Haynes
Hi Jack,You are right about the Aerosoft Avro RJ, I don't like it eather. Have you ever tried a freeware model with Matthias' panel ? You can take a look at http://www.baepanelproject.com for the panel. It's also a freeware product for the Avro and the BAe146 including a very nice manual. There is no FMC onboard, too bad. For me it's still the best freeware panel I've ever seen and used. See the Avro page for possible freeware aircrafts. Waiting for a possible PMDG Avro ...Regards,Robert and team,You did a wonderful job with the JS41.My congrats with the product.Greetings,

Sounds great, I am glad I made the switch to VC in FS9, now I can't go back.Are you about to give any more info on this all new failure control module?

The lack of a 2D panel is a little bit disconcerting, but I'll reserve judgment for now.Scott

You guys really have to see this panel in motion before you understand why the lack of 2D isn't a big deal... Virtually everything is a 3D object that moves through animation in the model, it's not like any of our previous VCs. The texture resolution is also orders of magnitude higher than anything I've ever seen in FS too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com