Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

B772LR - Auto rudder

Guest melf12

Should the Auto Rudder be On or Off, using Fs9Ken

If you are referring to the Auto Rudder setting is FS, it has nothing to do with the T7 :( . Unchecking the box allows the use of separate rudder pedals if you have them. If not, just leave the box checked to enjoy ground steering.I'm not aware of any Auto Rudder setting specific to the T7.Jim Harnes

Guest melf12

Thank you for your reply Jim.I've never bothered with the Auto Rudder before. I'm having a problem when landing with the T7 swerving. I had a similar problem with the PSS 772LR, Johan Dees sorted that one, aircraft.cfg alteration. Having had to discard to PSS T7 I now have the Just Flight version and I've got the trouble again. I compared both aircraft.cfg files and they appear to be identical; so JF must have applied the 'fix'. So I'm 'clutching' at straws now :( Best regards,Ken

Thank you for your reply Jim.I've never bothered with the Auto Rudder before. I'm having a problem when landing with the T7 swerving. I had a similar problem with the PSS 772LR, Johan Dees sorted that one, aircraft.cfg alteration. Having had to discard to PSS T7 I now have the Just Flight version and I've got the trouble again. I compared both aircraft.cfg files and they appear to be identical; so JF must have applied the 'fix'. So I'm 'clutching' at straws now :( Best regards,Ken
Here's what I have as the aircraft.cfg alteration from Johan Dees:Then, headover to your aircraft.cfg, and try this in the autopilot settings:max_pitch_acceleration=1.0max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=0.7max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=0.4max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=11000.0max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=25000.0max_bank=25.0max_bank_acceleration=0.8max_bank_velocity=1.5max_throttle_rate=0.08You might tune then a bit. It also depends on your stick sensitivies setting inside FS2004.I have mine on max, and a tiny bit of null zone.UPDATE (18 aug): to further enhance the 777, just try out the following setting in your aircraft.cfg file;oswald_efficiency_factor = 0.81[flight_tuning]set all to 1.0[flaps.1]drag_scalar= 0.300Hope it helps!Jim Harnes

Guest melf12

Hello Jim,Two 'strange' factors - 1. In Flight Tuning I also have = "induced_drag_scalar=0.8143" 2. "No oswald_efficiency_factor = 0.81" at all?I'm sure I had an 'oswald' in the PSS version.Ken

Guest melf12

Hi Jim, got it all sorted now, thanks very much.I 'found' oswald hiding among the Aircraft Geometry.Does this entry "induced_drag_scalar=0.8143" which I found in the flight tuning section need to be altered to 1.0?Other than that I've just completed a Test flight and it seems to be fine.Did you get an .air file from JD? I found one that was modified in 2007.Best regards,Ken

Ken,I have it set to 1.0 and it works fine. Set it that way as Johan "prescribed" it :( And, yes, I do have the .air file. Johan took it off his website when he discovered he altered the PSS .air file rather than the one original to him.Happy to hear you have it sorted!Jim Harnes

Guest melf12

Good morning Jim,It's great to have the T7 back in A1 form again, thanks to you.I've altered the rogue Flight Tuning entry to 1.0.Off we go...,Best Regards,Ken

Guest rainbow2009

Hi you guys.I'm a newbieHave a good time :( pret auto

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.