Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Attention ALL Windows XP Users

Just found this info out, trust me it works, got about a 6-7 FPS jump in FS ;D I just flew the LAGO Tornado! at Lakenheath with addon scenery, and WOW!To all of you who use WinXP and download the security patches this is very important information. Monday, April 21, 2003 Microsoft Security Patch Slows XP Systems By Mary Jo Foley Microsoft is said to be looking into a fix to its kernel buffer overrun remedy Redmond is looking into a fix for security patch it issued late last week. The patch

Guest FPSFREAK

Erik,I have been noting the slowdown on almost every customers machine I built before I started taking a look at some of the security patches and realizing that not everyone of them is needed for every installation of XP. Instead of downloading the whole service pack I go in and depending on my customers needs and uses, I install those bug fixes and patches that are needed.Thanks for the good advice.Bobby

Guest ScottPilot

Hi!Thanks for the heads up on this. I un-installed the 811493 patch and WOW! my system did improve in performance!MSFS2K2 is running much better along with ALL my applications after removing this patch.I was wondering why the performance of my system had decreased, even with my other applications besides MSFS.Once again, thanks for the info, it really helped!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS

Thanks for the headsup. Tomorrow is "housekeeping day" here and I'll skip that update for sure.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

A BIG "thanks", Eric for sharing this info...had overall system slow down past few weeks that resembled some sort of major memory or drive problem, but after uninstalling that security update all is back to normal again here.Eric....you da' man!Dave

Wow! I thought I was going crazy with my computer. Performance was degrading and I've been playing with my fs2002 graphics settings. I just uninstalled this patch and will see if it helps.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Lizardo

Same here..it was acting "tired". Killing Q811493 did the trick! THANKS!

Hi,I don't have very much XP-knowledge, so can you please tell how to erase/uninstall Q811493?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Jan,Goto control panel,add/remove applications (I think)Should be listed there down the bottom.

Easy. Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Q811493. Click remove.Removing it really does make a noticeable diffrenece as posted above.System: P4@3.06gigaByte 8INXP HT Enabled1024 PC266RAMRadeon 9700Pro 128 Omega DriversTurtle Bay Santa CruzSaitek X-45Win XP Pro

Guest FPSFREAK

And some people said I was crazy for stating a performance loss with SPK1 installed...LOLThanks again Bud.Great heads up :)

In the words of Montgomery Burns, "Excellent!"

Eric 

Guest cw1011

You know, this will be the first thing I check when I get home. The sim has been performing terribly lately...