Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Heli-Traffic 2009

So I noticed a few days ago that Heli-Traffic 2009 had released an update that made it FS9 compatible. I immediately went for it and had a few problems with my initial install and could not get it up and running. I found the Heli-Traffic support forum and found others experiencing similar problems but also found a very responsive support team in the forums. After a couple of days of trying and a couple of beta builds they got everything up and running this morning and all I can say is TOO COOL!I just chased A Bell JetRanger down the NJ Turnpike at 100 MPH for like 20 miles :) What a great new level of realism within FS9 to see AI choppers in the air with you as well. The rotor animation in the air was awesome to watch as well, all in all very well done.I just thought I would pop in and give this a big thumbs up. Was it perfect, no, I had some real issues getting it up and running but the support was excellent, they resolved the issue and the end result was certainly worth the wait so when you take all those factors into account, I would recommend this for anyone who wants to see some choppers in their FS9 skies...Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

WOW - that IS good news!! Thanks for the heads up - :( I am sure many of us who were blown away by the demo video but were dissapointed the see it was only for FSX will want to revisit the site. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=helitraffic
My Pleasure! I know I was extremely dissapointed when I first heard it was FSX only so this was a real pleasant surprise...After the support the Heli-Traffic team provided me getting through my initial issues I felt I owed it to them to try and spread the word. My next goal is to find some more choppers I can use as AI ;).Enjoy,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sweet! Looking at the forum, it seems a few user are having problems, but I'll keep an eye on it and make the purchase when all the bugs are ironed out. Thanks!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest lgvpilot1

Just a little bump for a few questions As I understand this programe uses installed helicopters as Ai Well I only have three helos installed , the two default ones and Jordan Moores 412 .Now as much as I love that heli , I really dont like the idea of 20 or 30 of them buzzing around destroying my FPS .So my questions are ... What are the options regarding AI helicopters ?What is the frame rate hit , if any ?I really like the idea of ai helcopter traffic , but when you consider what WOAI and others gives us for free , is it worth the

It's a flight1 product that you can try for 30 days and get your money back if you dont like it. You wont be disappointed though this latest version is very good on frame rates as it only displays the models if they are within 10 miles of the user. The Heli AI has a quantity slider just like default AI do, so it is very scalable.

Cheers, Andy.

You can use all of your helos or just one or download more and use those + our own etc. the option to use which is in HT 2009.I don't have any issues in FSX with HT 2009 and with me being a "helo freak " - I can watch them land and take off :( I have the default helos along with chinooks, Shawnees, Hughes_29C, SCA Bell 430- and if I don't think they look right at I don't use them - there are quite a few options in HT 2009 and I think it will be upgraded more.They do look a little "robotic" when landing but given FSX limitations I think its a great addon - for me and I hope others.I'm using it in FSX and FS9 - works OK in both. :(

Wow, this sounds good. The lack of helicopters has always bothered me a bit. Always gave me the feeling I'm the only one around... Also, MyTraffic did have helicopters, but they acted exactly like aircraft. When they were in the air this wasn't a problem, but during landing, and takeoff, they'd behave like airplanes. That wasn't just silly, it was completely laughable.I'll give this a look, espacially because it's so darn cheap.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Military AI Works (MAIW) has a few packages that has AI helicopters. They take off and land like real helicopters.North Carolina ANG (AH-64 Apache)Simmons Army Airfield (CH-47 Chinook and AH-64 Apache)RAF Reascue SeakingCarribean Defense Force Sikorsky S-76Now I don't know if Heli Traffic has these helicopters or not, but if it dosen't then you can add a few more copters to your AI traffic.

Military AI Works (MAIW) has a few packages that has AI helicopters. They take off and land like real helicopters.North Carolina ANG (AH-64 Apache)Simmons Army Airfield (CH-47 Chinook and AH-64 Apache)RAF Reascue SeakingCarribean Defense Force Sikorsky S-76Now I don't know if Heli Traffic has these helicopters or not, but if it dosen't then you can add a few more copters to your AI traffic.
To say that the fine MAIW choppers (I have them all) take off and land like real helicopters is a bit misleading in my opinion. They do simulate the take off rather well but still land (with an almost immediate stop) like an airplane.The choppers in the Heli-Traffic package take off and land at Heli-pads ony (not runways) and hover upon take off and landing so the effect is much more pleasing to the eye. Not perfect mind you, but much more realistic in my opinion.I just got my copy last night - no issues at all installing it - and am tickled to death with it. :( :( :( Just my two cents worth.

I've had the program for two weeks and am having a ball with it!No problems on the install.I've made many "flight plans" for my EMS helos.The only "problem" (acknowledged and to be fixed in next update) is thathelos with retractable gear leave the gear up on the ground. It's still a great add on!Joe

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

I saw this yesterday and was interested as well. My big question with it is how much chopper traffic shows up by default? I see you can obviously build your own routes, but do lots of medium sized airports have traffic? Or do you have to set up everything yourself? Do many airports have helipads by default?The other question is of course performance, but as was said, it appears to be highly configurable. I might just pick it up anyway. I'd love to add some chopper traffic to the Niagara Falls area at a minimum.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Like others, I'm waitting for the installation bugs to be worked out. What is the version number that you just installed so that I might wait until the NEXT version comes out. Thnaks, jerrycwo4

I saw this yesterday and was interested as well. My big question with it is how much chopper traffic shows up by default? I see you can obviously build your own routes, but do lots of medium sized airports have traffic? Or do you have to set up everything yourself? Do many airports have helipads by default?The other question is of course performance, but as was said, it appears to be highly configurable. I might just pick it up anyway. I'd love to add some chopper traffic to the Niagara Falls area at a minimum.
As it only uses Helipads (not runways) you can easily add helipads to any airport that does not currently have them.There is an independent "slider" (just as in the sim) which controls how much Heli traffic you will see and you can easily create your own schedules too.I have both FSX and FS2004 on my computer (the Heli program works in both) but so far I have only tested it in FS2004 - having a ball !! Just toooooo cool.Remember they (Flight1) have a money back gaurantee so you have nothing to loose by trying it.

Like others, I'm waitting for the installation bugs to be worked out. What is the version number that you just installed so that I might wait until the NEXT version comes out. Thnaks, jerrycwo4
The version I downloaded and installed last night was 1.01.Absolutly NO install issues for me. Installed it to both FS2004 and FSX.