Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Heli-Traffic 2009

Just bought this. Initially the program would not get past the FS9 splash screen, but I installed the beta patch from their forums, and now everything works great. There's nice random traffic by default which is nice. I have to set up some custom flights. It seems kind of hit or miss as to which airports have helipads, but there's nice general traffic overall.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

One question: Anybody know what are good, freeware AI passenger helicopters? I'm not really interested in military helicopters.Also, I was wondering if it's possible to configure the program so, that only specific helicopters fly a certain route? For example, if I have helicopters from the Israeli defence force, that they don't start flying around in Holland.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

One question: Anybody know what are good, freeware AI passenger helicopters? I'm not really interested in military helicopters.Also, I was wondering if it's possible to configure the program so, that only specific helicopters fly a certain route? For example, if I have helicopters from the Israeli defence force, that they don't start flying around in Holland.
Can't think of any offhand but try HoverControl - that site is dedicated to all things Chopper related:http://hovercontrol.com/Also the program comes with very complete doumentation (HeliTraffic2009.pdf) - It takes a bit of reading and experimenting to set up your own flight plans but once you get the hang of it they work like a charm.

I had the idea last night to start browsing through the old fs98 and newer freeware helicopters. If they work in FS9, they should make great AI choppers. The great freeware models out now seemed a little too detailed for AI use, so these older models with less bells and whistles should be better performance wise.

Craig from KBUF

That's very true, but I doubt if these ancient models will work in FS9. If you do manage to get them working, could you please tell us which models you used, and what you did?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest DAH4062

I've got the Traffic 2005 from Just Flight in FS9, which includes helicopters. They are mostly unobtrusive and are a nice addition. They have their own little AFCADs at major airports (like Heathrow near T4), but the downside is that they take off and land like "real" aircraft. I tend not to pay them much attention as I am more into the heavies, but can anyone who has tried it compare it to this HeliTraffic.On a mildly related note, the default FSX choppers are not quite as vicious and vindictive as those in FS9, but that is just my view after some brief experiences. It really brings me back to reality in a depressing way, as I land a 747 at Kai Tak and then get thrown about in some heli hopping over to CLK. I am probably wrong and would appreciate the wisdom of those who know better.

I've got the Traffic 2005 from Just Flight in FS9, which includes helicopters. They are mostly unobtrusive and are a nice addition. They have their own little AFCADs at major airports (like Heathrow near T4), but the downside is that they take off and land like "real" aircraft. I tend not to pay them much attention as I am more into the heavies, but can anyone who has tried it compare it to this HeliTraffic.On a mildly related note, the default FSX choppers are not quite as vicious and vindictive as those in FS9, but that is just my view after some brief experiences. It really brings me back to reality in a depressing way, as I land a 747 at Kai Tak and then get thrown about in some heli hopping over to CLK. I am probably wrong and would appreciate the wisdom of those who know better.
Heli Traffic 2009 is a totally NEW approach to using Choppers in FS2004 and FSX.All you need to do is watch the demo video at the Flight1 site to see what I mean.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=helitraffic

Guest DAH4062
Heli Traffic 2009 is a totally NEW approach to using Choppers in FS2004 and FSX.All you need to do is watch the demo video at the Flight1 site to see what I mean.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=helitraffic
Thanks for the link, I really do see what you mean. Although they seem a bit robotronic I am jealous of how they can guide them as if on rails :( make me look like a suicidal drunk

That's very true, but I doubt if these ancient models will work in FS9. If you do manage to get them working, could you please tell us which models you used, and what you did?
Yes, you're right. Most of these wouldn't work. Some of them loaded but gave a message about "potential problems". Same with many 2000 models. I honestly can't remember the details in the changes of the aircraft formats from version to version. I'll keep looking and let everyone know if I find any good AI models. I'll keep at it and if I find anything I will post here. I'm going to start going through the 2002 models and see if there are any suitable ones.

Craig from KBUF

"I have both FSX and FS2004 on my computer "Opa, I do NOT own a copy of FSX. As such I still do not know the MAIN reason that a person would put up with what I hear is such bad performance of it even with today's 4.0 plus GHz CPU and high tech video cards. I recenty heard that one of the atvantages of FSX over FS2004 was that the forground part of the scenery (land) is much sharper and / or clearer. Like most people I'm fairly happy with how my FS2004 looks, BUT I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO MAKE IT BETTER. In your opinion what are the best features that FSX has over FS2004 and am I making a MISTAKE by not even trying FSX as I have a new very powerful rig? jerrycwo4

"I have both FSX and FS2004 on my computer "Opa, I do NOT own a copy of FSX. As such I still do not know the MAIN reason that a person would put up with what I hear is such bad performance of it even with today's 4.0 plus GHz CPU and high tech video cards. I recenty heard that one of the atvantages of FSX over FS2004 was that the forground part of the scenery (land) is much sharper and / or clearer. Like most people I'm fairly happy with how my FS2004 looks, BUT I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO MAKE IT BETTER. In your opinion what are the best features that FSX has over FS2004 and am I making a MISTAKE by not even trying FSX as I have a new very powerful rig? jerrycwo4
I am the wrong person to ask. Even though I have FSX installed (it was a Christmas present) I seldom if ever use it - much preferring my FS2004 setup.Some folks swear by FSX and some swear at it - I am in the swear at it category I am afraid. And that is mainly because so much of what I cherish in FS2004 simply will not work in FSX.

Here is a "Black Shark" in Helo 2009 and the retracts work too - in FSX. :( Not very good quality !!Also found at Simvation was the Skeeter - when in the Army Air Corps in Germany (many many years ago) was an observer in these. Good fun - can "play" with this prog as I want. :(Whoops should have been in FSX forum