Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Anyone try the new Quest Kodiak?

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Quest Kodiak by Lionheart Creations and how is it on the framerates?Thanks,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Nice plane and incredibly easy here on framerates. Better than the Carenado Mooney.

I have it, and I absolutely love it. Two other pilots in my VA have bought in and are equally positive. It is very frame rate friendly and a delight to fly.I posted a review of it on SimFlight's bush flying forum here: Quest Kodiak Review

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

thanks for the infothis is a must have for FSX - i have been waiting for a long time for Lionheart to finish this for fsxthey are a great company - highly recommendedBo

Bo Klop

Nice review! I am looking for a fast plane to go sightseeing: this one seems to fit the bill specially because it is rather fast and it has the wings high. But I do wonder how the view is from the cockpit when looking around. Is there a lot of VC blocking the view...? I haven't seen any screenshots with a normal default view... I do like the glass cockpit, even though I will be mainly handflying it and looking out of the window: while sightseeing I use the GPS quite a lot, so it's nice when it is implemented in the VC and I don't have to open a subwindow for it: that spoils the immersion. (I hardly ever leave the VC when I fly!)I wonder if someone could post some pics looking out of the VC, straight forward and down to the scenery below. Right now I fly the RealAir Decathlon, which gives a very nice open view around, but it's just a tad too slow... So... is this plane good for sightseeing or not?

Nice review! I am looking for a fast plane to go sightseeing: this one seems to fit the bill specially because it is rather fast and it has the wings high. But I do wonder how the view is from the cockpit when looking around. Is there a lot of VC blocking the view...? I haven't seen any screenshots with a normal default view... I do like the glass cockpit, even though I will be mainly handflying it and looking out of the window: while sightseeing I use the GPS quite a lot, so it's nice when it is implemented in the VC and I don't have to open a subwindow for it: that spoils the immersion. (I hardly ever leave the VC when I fly!)I wonder if someone could post some pics looking out of the VC, straight forward and down to the scenery below. Right now I fly the RealAir Decathlon, which gives a very nice open view around, but it's just a tad too slow... So... is this plane good for sightseeing or not?
Do yoursef a favor and get TrackIR. If you like sightseeing like I do, this is a godsent. From time to time I try flights without it, just to know how good TrackIR is :-)Not a lot there to block your view, actually. Raise your seating position a little and you will be even finer.And consider XPOI from FSDreamteam if you are out into the wilderness - it tells you exactly what you see...

Do yoursef a favor and get TrackIR. If you like sightseeing like I do, this is a godsent. From time to time I try flights without it, just to know how good TrackIR is :-)Not a lot there to block your view, actually. Raise your seating position a little and you will be even finer.And consider XPOI from FSDreamteam if you are out into the wilderness - it tells you exactly what you see...
I already own the TrackIR Pro 4 with the TrackClip Pro. I won't fly without it! It's the best. If mine broke down today I'd order a new one within a second. It's mandatory for FSX. :( Okay, so you like sightseeing too AND you like this plane. Good news! Still, I'd like to see some screenshots... :( Thanks for the XPOI tip!!! A few weeks ago I was looking for something like that (I remembered seeing a similar utility a long, long time ago) but I couldn't find it! I will certainly check it out!!!

I already own the TrackIR Pro 4 with the TrackClip Pro. I won't fly without it! It's the best. If mine broke down today I'd order a new one within a second. It's mandatory for FSX. :( Okay, so you like sightseeing too AND you like this plane. Good news! Still, I'd like to see some screenshots... :( Thanks for the XPOI tip!!! A few weeks ago I was looking for something like that (I remembered seeing a similar utility a long, long time ago) but I couldn't find it! I will certainly check it out!!!
The "similar utility" is FSDiscover, you can get it from Flight1.com - but I like XPOI a lot better.

The "similar utility" is FSDiscover, you can get it from Flight1.com - but I like XPOI a lot better.
Thanks, that's the one! XPOI looks a lot better indeed (I read the XPOI Avsim review), but I was hoping it worked with Google Earth kml files (and the likes). I have FTX and about 200 airfields that aren't listed in FSX itself: having them labeled would be great, but I just went to the Geonames site and it lacks the information I need. (I know I could add them myself, but that would take a bit too much time... or is there a way to put Google Earth data into Geonames...?). Pity...Pardon the hijack of this topic, Howard...! Back to the Quest Kodiak now! :(

installed it yesterday in FSX Vista 64bitflew few closed circuitsthe plane is very smooththe vc is beautiful and great with track-irthe g1000 panel is very nice too - not fully functional but for the most part very inclusivea must get - you wont be disappointed (this plane can fly in any weather and also includes the Amphibian version - nice for water landings)Bo

Bo Klop

I have FTX and about 200 airfields that aren't listed in FSX itself: having them labeled would be great
Jeroen, in that case, Fsdiscover would be the better choice as Gwolb (sorry, I don't know his real name) updates an OzX FsDiscover database on a regular basis.You can get the latest file here. You can also use FSDiscover to create an FSX flight plan with those hard to find airfields and import it into your GPS.So, even if FSDiscover looks less sexy, it does the job and does it well :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Jeroen, in that case, Fsdiscover would be the better choice as Gwolb (sorry, I don't know his real name) updates an OzX FsDiscover database on a regular basis.You can get the latest file here. You can also use FSDiscover to create an FSX flight plan with those hard to find airfields and import it into your GPS.So, even if FSDiscover looks less sexy, it does the job and does it well :(
Wow, that's cool! Didn't know that! Thanks, I will check it out!

Here ya go...

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Guest Thaellar

That's one sweet-looking addon!Thaellar

Here ya go...
Thanks!!! Looking good. I am a bit allergic to panels with flat buttons (like the G1000 in this one) but I might give this one a try... (The last plane I bought is the pricey MD-11 and so this one now seems a real bargain! It's cheap! :( )