Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Anyone try the new Quest Kodiak?

Thanks!!! Looking good. I am a bit allergic to panels with flat buttons (like the G1000 in this one) but I might give this one a try... (The last plane I bought is the pricey MD-11 and so this one now seems a real bargain! It's cheap! :( )
It does take a bit of getting used to. I am accustomed to planes like the Aerosoft Beaver and the Flight One C441 which have traditional gauges and levers. The G1000 struck me as kind of "space age" when I first started flying it, but I got used to it and I find that there is some real convenience to be had with having so much information and control in two screens.Based on the kind of flying that you do, I can't think of a plane that would be better for or more enjoyable to fly. Lionheart's work is just exceptional.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Guest Christopher_D
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Quest Kodiak by Lionheart Creations and how is it on the framerates?Thanks,Howard
Not only do I love the plane, but I have high respect for the organization in real world that makes the actual Kodiak. It is wonderful to see aviation involved in humanitarian affairs to such a degree with a dedicated aircraft. I am not religious, but if I had the chance to use my aviation skills to do good, I would jump at the chance, and the Kodiak is the perfect tool to do it, too.In FSX the aircraft handles wonderfully. I am writing a review for her for my site and have to say it is going to be a VERY positive review. There are a couple of very minor bugs which the author has acknowledged and is fixing, but both bugs are strictly cosmetic and in no way affect your enjoyment of this fine aircraft.
It does take a bit of getting used to. I am accustomed to planes like the Aerosoft Beaver and the Flight One C441 which have traditional gauges and levers. The G1000 struck me as kind of "space age" when I first started flying it, but I got used to it and I find that there is some real convenience to be had with having so much information and control in two screens.Based on the kind of flying that you do, I can't think of a plane that would be better for or more enjoyable to fly. Lionheart's work is just exceptional.
LOL -- Try flying a Cessna 172 with G1000 after doing 60+ student hours in an analog trainer. I thought my brain was going to explode at first, but after only 30 minutes of brief from a CFI and I was up and flying in no time. After 2 hours of flight time in the G1000, I felt like I was "blasting to the past" when I took my next flight in a standard trainer. I got lucky. The G1000 is higher rent than the rest of the fleet here at the flight school I attend. But the plane I usually fly was down for her annual and they scheduled me anyway, so to make up for the logistics error they sent me up in the glass for the price of the analog. After flying in her, I could easily see why so many pilots get far too used to glass and start to depend on the features so much that they forget the "basic" of the panel, then they get into trouble when either an electrical failure occurs or they get back into an analog cockpit. After going back and forth, I realized how important it is to remind myself constantly of the basics, and to keep cross checking with those standby instruments just to be a better, safer pilot.<<EDIT>> - Corrections - because my typing skills are terrible.

LOL -- Try flying a Cessna 172 with G1000 after doing 60+ student hours in an analog trainer. I thought my brain was going to explode at first, but after only 30 minutes of brief from a CFI and I was up and flying in no time. After 2 hours of flight time in the G1000, I felt like I was "blasting to the past" when I took my next flight in a standard trainer. I got lucky. The G1000 is higher rent than the rest of the fleet here at the flight school I attend. But the plane I usually fly was down for her annual and they scheduled me anyway, so to make up for the logistics error they sent me up in the glass for the price of the analog. After flying in her, I could easily see why so many pilots get far too used to glass and start to depend on the features so much that they forget the "basic" of the panel, then they get into trouble when either an electrical failure occurs or they get back into an analog cockpit. After going back and forth, I realized how important it is to remind myself constantly of the basics, and to keep cross checking with those standby instruments just to be a better, safer pilot.
What you said...I have thought about that. What if you were cruising along in bad weather and the "computer" locked up? Could you still operate the plane? The Kodiak does have backup gauges, but I think it would be tough.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

I love the Kodiak (real world) but I am hesitant to buy this because I like very crisp and detailed external models (think RealAir or the CS C130X) and I'm not too impressed by the pictures I've seen so far of the Lionheart version. Part of that might be because all of the pictures I have seen so far are taken with low graphics settings. If someone could post some high quality pictures taken with high detail settings (Global Texture Res at Maximum) I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Guest DDAVIS

Hello i have Both the quest Kodiak and the epic lt dynasty form lionheart and I must say I like the Epic mutch better than the kodiak. I was not impressed with the panel setup and decided to go back to the epic. :(

Guest harleyman52

I fly all Bills planes and love them all...

I fly all Bills planes and love them all...
I have to agree with the above. I find his airplanes to be well made and fun to fly. The Kodiak is by far my favorite, with the possible exception of the Viking. The only reason I might like the Viking better is because I seriously considered buying one for my business flying needs. The Kodiak is a great bush plane for FSX.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset