Sign in to follow this  
greenland

A300 beluga

Hi allThe other day I downloaded 2 Files from the Library:a300b1_for_fs9.zip andbeluga_for_fs9.zipAs soon as I load them into FS9 they immidiately crash. Unchecking Crash in FS makes them load OK, and they fly well.I think the problem has something to do with the Contact Points. But how do I know what values to insert. Do I just experiment with the numbers until everything is OK, or is it possible to measure the correct values somewhere?NB: Be aware to install the Files into a Temp. Folder, as the A300 Beluga looks for "Simobjects - Airplanes" !RegardsHenrik KorningNuuk Greenland

Theorectically at least, you should be able to adjust the contact points based on the reference point of the model and adjust them X amount of feet forwards, backwards, up or down, but as most aircraft modelers know, sometimes is it easier just to do it by trial and error.There is one thing you can do to make that easier though, and that is to add a light to the config file and play around with its location, as it's obviously easier to get an idea of things with something you can actually see the position of (don't forget to turn the lights on LOL).Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi allThe other day I downloaded 2 Files from the Library:a300b1_for_fs9.zip andbeluga_for_fs9.zipAs soon as I load them into FS9 they immidiately crash. Unchecking Crash in FS makes them load OK, and they fly well.I think the problem has something to do with the Contact Points. But how do I know what values to insert. Do I just experiment with the numbers until everything is OK, or is it possible to measure the correct values somewhere?NB: Be aware to install the Files into a Temp. Folder, as the A300 Beluga looks for "Simobjects - Airplanes" !RegardsHenrik KorningNuuk Greenland
Not sure what is causing your problem but I just downloaded and installed both aircraft and have no 'crashing" issues - either with crash detect enabled or disabled.There are missing gauges and popups in the Beluga panel but otherwise they load properly for me.Don't be too hasty in assuming you have contact point issues. These are apparently FSX aircraft which have been somehow tweaked to work in FS2004 (did not think that was even possible) so I am not surprised they may not work completely "as advertised".

Guest napamule

The 'beluga_for_fsx' and 'beluga_for_fs9' are both 'exe' intall, WITH NO UN-INSTALLER (not in readme, but in PDF doc ONLY). So if you see 'Tom Ruth' or 'ukflightsim' then you know their files will be 'exe' install with not uninstaller (Airbus, Beluga, etc). What that tells ME is I BETTER install to a temp folder and hand move/copy files to FSim folders. That way to 'uninstall' it all I have to do is delete the Beluga (or Airbus) folder(s). That way you don't have a 'Program' in Start Menu, which you can't ever get rid of. This is meant for them to remain in your PC until forever (ie: publicity). You may find some files (gauges?) scattered around no telling where. Rude and crude.It's a 'Tom Ruth & Co' model 'production number'. He's been doing the Beluga for FS2000 (pa306st4.zip) dated 18June2001. Then a GMAX model (a300b4600st) for FS9 in 2008. FDEs evidently need 3rd party to tweak/tune, so.... . Now model for FSX. (1 trick pony?) At any rate, just to be safe, do INSTALL TO a TEMP folder. Chuck BNapamule

Guest napamule

Well here is an update, as I also downloaded and installed via 'exe' (ie: self-mauler). (1).The '3004600st9' exe installs files into '\simobjects\airplane' folder(s) (which is NOT in the FS9 'aircraft' folder. So that might cause problems? I guess.(2).The '3004600stx' exe also installs to '\simobjects\airplane' folder(s). That should be 'ok'. But, but, cigerette butt, there are no thumbnails for different FSX textures. The Mdl files are identical for both sims (look in aircraft cfg under 'General' section, both have 'Category=Airplane' entry). Same model files for both FS9 and FSX. In fact, that same model files were used in prior 'upload' versions (7-11-2008 and 4-16-2009). I guess they want to 'drum up' some traffic for their 'ukflightsim' site, being summer is coming and the 'kiddies' will be simming more ($$$). Included is a lot of 'other' files, presumeably for repainting it. The 'x' file is 5.9 Mb(and not a 'user' type file, so it's suspect-I deleted it). The 'raw' files are 4 mb. Then there is the ''b737_800.cab' file whose gauges are dated from year 2000 and which FSX MIGHT not accept, so there will be 'missing' gauges. Rude and crude. So if you don't know how to swap panels, or do other manual file manipulation, etc, you should not feel bad. It's them, not you. Just plain sloppy.Chuck BNapamule

That still does not answer the question the OP posed - he says he gets a CTD when loading either aircraft unless his crash detection is turned off.I could not duplicate that on my setup - worked just fine - crash on or off.Agreed however that these two packages are not keepers - at least for me.

Hi GuysThanks for all the info.I will take a look further into the problem.I actually only checked the Beluga :( - which crashes on load - not a CTD - but the aircraft hangs several feet above the runway when loaded and then fall down and crash.I will compare the difference between the 2 aircrafts, and eventually return for further help.Thanks again though'RegardsHenrik

Guest belga1

Hello,Just a question ...Do you begin play FS2004 with default (C172) plane or with a flight saved as default and a different plane ... ?Sometime peoples experience problems .... when using a non default plane as starter.Regards.bye.gif

Guest napamule

Good point Belga1. No matter which aircraft you have on initial load. But, with a new install, I go load the C-182 (this is FS9 now. In FSX it's the C-172 of course) to 'reset' things to 'default'. Then I save a flight after setup, if I want to keep it. Went and looked and sure enough it's 3 ft more off the ground that it needs to be. Change: 'static_cg_height=18.67' to 15.67. That should help.So not CTD (that would of scared me off and I would of not posted anything Opa-live and learn-heehee) just crash (Phew!). Flys ok. I got rid of all the 'raw' and paint kit files and it loads faster and fsp is rock steady. I also used the default 747 panel. I could feel graphics unit sigh with relief. Sound was changed too. Too much overhead and it has that 'Too Low, Terrain' verbal warnings that just make me sick. So got Eric Cantu's sound for F-104 (circa 2002). Perfect now.Chuck BNapamule

Chuck - gotta filename (and dl site) for the Cantu sound you like so well?

Guest napamule

Opa,YES....WE HAVE NO BANNANAS, WE HAVE NO BANNANAS TODAY, TODAY... (heehee). (My Dad used to sing that, way back when. Loud emphatic 'YES' then a short pause after. Used to startle the heck out of us. Usually pulled when on long, quiet, stretch of road on those long Texas road trips on way to Grandma's house. The other one is to HONK and wave out toward open and empty desolate terrain. (Must give a courtesy nod of head as you do it). Jewels. (You'll do it to the family, I BET-ha).YES.. we have, and here it is. It's at FSCom library. I'll just paste my 'ref page' on it (these sound files are that good and worth the 'bandwidth').---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FS2002 SoundsDownload: 'lf104snd.zip', (3681 KB)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Author: Erick CantuDate: 27 Jan 2003FS2002 Lockheed F-104 Sounds.Here's your chance to hear what the infamous missile with a man in itsounded like. Includes full suite of startup and shutdown sounds, including noise of start cart. Recorded from real recordings of an F-104equipped with the J79 at starfighters.nl. Thanks to starfighters.nl for theuse of the clips!//Aircraft Sound Manager ASM V1.0 pl1///Lockheed F-104 'Starfighter'///Copyright 2002 Erick Cantu, original sound clips //copyright Danielle & Bart - dsiemes@hetnet.nl----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FSCom forum: 'dvines', 02-08-2006, 04:13 PMI found a soundset for the harrier by Mike Hambly for FS98. Is there one for fs2004? If not is there another soundset that is close enough to the real sound? I tried to reach Mike Hambly but the web address he gave on the download file wasn't any good.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FSCom forum: 'napamule', 02-08-2006, 09:29 PMNope. Not Hambly. Try Erick Cantu's sound for the F-104 Starfighter, orig by Danielle & Bart. Circa 2002, posted around May 2004. I like this set a lot as it's perfect for the GR7 Harrier. Cheers.ChuckEdit: Since I knew what I was looking for, I went and did a search, and I FOUND IT. It's 'LF104SND.ZIP, 3.7 mb, 01-25-2003. It was downloaded 5,490 times! Enjoy.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope you like.Chuck BNapamule

HiYes I use the Default flight when loading FS9, I just moved the aircraft to a smaller airport - have never seen any problems with that - I am having lots of F1, PMDG etc. planes.Napamule.Thanks for these numbers:"Change: 'static_cg_height=18.67' to 15.67. That should help"I will try them out - I am sure though that they will solve the problem. :( Thanks allRegardsHenrik

Thanks for the sound file info - will give it a try.

Just tried the Cantu sounds you recommended Chuck - that is indeed a very fine set!I would recommend it to anyone. :(