Sign in to follow this  

This is so frustrating. Here is the METAR - Here is the depiction in FSX - It is a blustery winter day. This is not overcast. This is not 8 mile vis. This is not even close to what it looked like out the window. Am I doing something wrong? This is a recurring problem. I LOVE ASV for FS9. If this is as good as ASA gets can I trade my license for ASX? I just want real weather like I get with ASV and FS9. Thanks, Eddie KABQ

Eddie
KABQ

OK, so I thought it might be an FSX depiction issue. So I fired up trusty old FS9 and here's what I got. First - ASA - Now with ASV - As you can see, low vis. low ceilings. Clearly an ASA issue. I am using the latest build.

Eddie
KABQ

Hi,We'll see what we can do.I noticed that the Depiction Output Active light is still on, so is it possible that ASA wasn't done processing its data and sending it to FSX? It does take a bit longer then ASV. Also, know that we are working on some depiction issues that some users are experiencing.Thanks,

Hi,We'll see what we can do.I noticed that the Depiction Output Active light is still on, so is it possible that ASA wasn't done processing its data and sending it to FSX? It does take a bit longer then ASV. Also, know that we are working on some depiction issues that some users are experiencing.Thanks,
Hey Jim, I unckecked the DISABLE HAZE LAYER box and it worked fine. Perhaps it is causing it not to reduce viz? Thanks!

Eddie
KABQ

Hi,Let's see, you unchecked that option so now Haze is On. But the Haze option should not affect visibility.In your first example, could it have been that you didn't give things long enough to develop?Both in FS04 and FSX it is the visibility that is one of the last things to be drawn/depicted. Also, ASA is doing much more so more time is needed.How long would you say you were at KABQ before you took that first screenshot?Thanks,

Hi,Let's see, you unchecked that option so now Haze is On. But the Haze option should not affect visibility.In your first example, could it have been that you didn't give things long enough to develop?Both in FS04 and FSX it is the visibility that is one of the last things to be drawn/depicted. Also, ASA is doing much more so more time is needed.How long would you say you were at KABQ before you took that first screenshot?Thanks,
Can't say for sure. I was using historical data so I will try again. So, if the green Depiction Output Active light is on it's not ready yet? I will wait until it is off and try again.Thanks for your help.

Eddie
KABQ

Hi,Correct, if that light is on after moving, that means ASA is still processing data. It can be 5-6 minutes. I know this seems like a long time compared to earlier AS versions, but ASA is processing a lot more data, so it takes longer.Thanks,