Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeffBrock

Flight Simulator Frustration

Guest JeffBrock

Greetings, This is my first time posting on this forum, and I'm glad to be here. I seem to have horrible luck when it comes to graphics in my computer applications, especially when it comes to flight simulator. I am only capable of running flight simulator with frequent stutters and low frame rates (locked at 25, but I maintain 24.9), even with the graphics sliders turned all the way down. Let me give you my system specs, so you understand that my system "should" be capable of running FS9 with no difficulties: Acer Aspire X3200 Windows Vista Home Premium X64 nVidia GeForce 8200 graphics card AMD Phenom X3 Processor 280 GB Hard Drive 4 GB RAM I've tried nearly every solution I could find on the internet: Startup interfaces, exiting out background programs, autogen tweaks, cfg tweaks, updating my drivers, overclocking my graphics card, defragging, you name it, and I've already tried it. I'd love to continue playing FS9, but it isn't any fun when you aren't able to play it in a realistic environment. I ask the members of avsim.net, in their infinite flight simulator knowledge, to help out a fellow simmer, and tell me what I need to do, to make flight simulator an enjoyable experiance. Sincerely, Jeff Brock

Just a guess, but try putting the frame rate up to unlimited, your PC should be able to do that with the graphics cranked all the way up, so maybe dropping it down to 25 is backing it up a bit on the GPUAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest JeffBrock
Just a guess, but try putting the frame rate up to unlimited, your PC should be able to do that with the graphics cranked all the way up, so maybe dropping it down to 25 is backing it up a bit on the GPUAl
I cranked the target frame rate up to unlimited, and while there is still some stuttering, it isn't as bad as it was before. It is certainly manageable, however.Thanks for your help! Jeff Brock

Guest lgvpilot1

If you have searched for long enough chances are you have already seen this posthttp://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...38%302901/15#15I followed Nicks advice to the letter and it does'nt seem to matter what I throw at my sim , it just seems to be rock solid always above 20 frames , and that is with payware aircraft , AS6.5 with seven layers of cloud , and a silly amount of Ai But as always YMMV (your milage may vary) Mark

Guest JeffBrock

While I don't own a registered copy of FSUIPC, I haven't seen some of these .cfg edits before, so I'll be sure to try them out.Thanks, Jeff Brock

also, that 8200 card was not meant for much more than word processing :( Decent cards (8800, 7900) are very cheap now a days, and maybe very worth while for you. Just something to think about. That card is def the bottle neck in that system. fyi, I'm running a 8800GTS 512MB on a E8500 and max settings with all add-ons, fps doesnt go below 35 (not very expensive now)

Guest belga1

Hello,

also, that 8200 card was not meant for much more than word processing
Let me wonder how peoples .. some years ago were able to play FS2004 ... 2c64632f.gifMy TI 4600 128 MB run FS2004 (and it's not really a slideshow 26253307.gif )Regards.bye.gif

Guest JeffBrock
also, that 8200 card was not meant for much more than word processing :( Decent cards (8800, 7900) are very cheap now a days, and maybe very worth while for you. Just something to think about. That card is def the bottle neck in that system. fyi, I'm running a 8800GTS 512MB on a E8500 and max settings with all add-ons, fps doesnt go below 35 (not very expensive now)
I understand that my graphics card is not a powerhouse, but I was able to run FS9 at stable, smooth frame rates on my old HP Pavilion, which had a GeForce Go 7200, I believe.Seeing that those cards aren't so expensive makes me seriously ponder about getting one.

also, that 8200 card was not meant for much more than word processing :(
----------------Wow- I guess my GeForce FX5200 cards in an AMD XP2200 are really obsolete!Old is sometimes beautiful!Alex ReidBonanza- Dawn Final on R8L CYVR

Guest JeffBrock

I think I may have found a solution to the problem.Just for the heck of it, I decided to restore my system to its factory condition. Low and behold, when I started up FS9, it was able to maintain a smooth 30 FPS.Sometimes it seems like a system restore fixes everything!

Guest lgvpilot1
I think I may have found a solution to the problem.Just for the heck of it, I decided to restore my system to its factory condition. Low and behold, when I started up FS9, it was able to maintain a smooth 30 FPS.Sometimes it seems like a system restore fixes everything!
Untill microsoft unleashes its next update :( Seriously though Im glad you got it sorted Mark