Hello everyone,While we have hoped to have officially released SP1 for ASA by now, we've been behind schedule for a number of reasons. First and foremost, there are some issues affecting a number of users which have been very challenging from the technical side to isolate and solve in an acceptable fashion. Secondly, HiFi has been working on numerous improvements to ASA which we felt would be important enhancements as suggested by our user base. While working on these enhancements, several underlying issues have been discovered which required a rewrite in a few low-level areas in order to bring everything to where it needs to be to incorporate both immediate and long term enhancements as envisioned. Finally, the dual FSUIPC(FS9) and SimConnect(FSX) interface, while we felt was a great low-maintenance idea in the beginning, has been a bit of a technical nuisance requiring plenty of adjustments to work in a high-performance fashion for users of all different types of system configurations.As to where we are right now, we've just finished re-writing some core wx engine and sim interface communications processes and have great results thus far. A majority of outstanding issues have been addressed and are pending final internal testing in the next 2-3 days. We expect the next official (and hopefully final) public beta of ASA SP1 to be available by the end of next week. While there are some inherent FS-related issues we haven't completely overcome to our full satisfaction, we've confident that this update will be well received and solve a majority if not all problems experienced by our user base, and add enhancements that will significantly increase the enjoyment of the product.I'd like to thank everyone for their continued input (and patience) while we finalize things. To add to this, we have recently come up with the outline for SP2 which will include several new features to further increase the value of ASA. These new features will be announced shortly after SP1 officially releases. Of course, it will be a free upgrade for all users.Please keep your feedback coming and as always, please realize that our weather simulation efforts are ongoing and never "final". We sincerely appreciate the support and input of our user base and will be taking full advantage of it as we move forward.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for the update :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest TIYCS

Awesome release! Thank so much for all the hard work guys. I had a feeling it was gonna require a fairly extensive re-write of some code, based on the sheer number and types of issues. Glad to hear it's finally done (well, almost).I look forward to making the purchase again once I start seeing the positive comments start pouring in.And everyone who's experienced ASA issues: Please post positive feedback if your issues have been fixed so that those of us who've requested refunds can know how it's working with the new SP applied and re-purchase!! I can't wait to see those awesome, complex ASA cloud layers again in my sim!!! Woohoo!

Finally, the dual FSUIPC(FS9) and SimConnect(FSX) interface, while we felt was a great low-maintenance idea in the beginning, has been a bit of a technical nuisance requiring plenty of adjustments to work in a high-performance fashion for users of all different types of system configurations.
Sorry to hear this is causing you trouble, but I would like to comment that this is a much appreciated feature. Most of my flights are in FSX, but I have a few FS9-only aircraft, and it is great to be able to use ASA with both sims.Tom

Know it's really difficult trying to work with FS weather; not the most flexible and friendly beast to manage. I find ASA pretty good with FS9 now, much of the early problems gone or very reduced. It's the FSX weather that is awful for me, wind variations of 90 - 180 degrees every few seconds, and the difference to reported weather. I know you're doing your best to sort these issues and with you good luck.John E

Thanks for all the hard work guys. Looking forward to what you have in store for us.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest VPA366

Thanks for the update! Understanding the reason for the delay makes waiting for the final product much easier. Brad

Awesome release! Thank so much for all the hard work guys. I had a feeling it was gonna require a fairly extensive re-write of some code, based on the sheer number and types of issues. Glad to hear it's finally done (well, almost).I look forward to making the purchase again once I start seeing the positive comments start pouring in.And everyone who's experienced ASA issues: Please post positive feedback if your issues have been fixed so that those of us who've requested refunds can know how it's working with the new SP applied and re-purchase!! I can't wait to see those awesome, complex ASA cloud layers again in my sim!!! Woohoo!
I have say that this is one of the absolute best required add-ons for FS9, I had reservations that nothing could better AS6.5, but after loading (had some problems that were ALL MINE, like putting it directly into FS9, a NO_NO). the graphics are terrific!! I have had NO, NONE, problems with ASA and am very happy with the purchase.........PPS, I have a 42" monitor and the pictures are fantastic!!.......can't imagine what needs fixing, but any new stuff is always welcome.......B42L8, Tucson

Hi All,Thanks much!Just as a further update that I can give you: Just tonight the next SP has been released to the private beta team. We'll see how things go from there.Thanks,

Just as a further update that I can give you: Just tonight the next SP has been released to the private beta team. We'll see how things go from there.
Oh, good news indeed Jim. Looking forward to the public beta. Maybe for the weekend? :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi All,Let's be conservative and shoot for early next week! :(

Hi All,Let's be conservative and shoot for early next week! :(
:( Ya can blame a guy for trying, LOL.... Have a good weekend... I'm off to start a long-haul from KSEA to KIAD in the PMDG MD-11; along with a few extra drinks hidden in the cockpit :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest TIYCS
I'm off to start a long-haul from KSEA to KIAD in the PMDG MD-11; along with a few extra drinks hidden in the cockpit :(
Oooooooo... BUSTED!! I'm tellin'!