Sign in to follow this  
Art_P

No ASA Weather Data to FSX

I can start ASA and then FSX and the ASA weather depiction occurs fine in the first flight loaded. However, if I load a second flight in FSX it is necessary to restart ASA to get the weather depicted. Please don't tell me that this is the way it's supposed to work, because it's really a pain.I checked this forum and read the fixes in SP1 beta, and it appeared that a fix for this might be included. After installing SP1 beta there is no change in ASA regarding this issue. Whenever I change aircraft locations in FSX, the new location appears in the ASA display of weather, but the ASA weather is not depicted in FSX. If I restart AI traffic with ASA, it occurs in FSX.Is there something I can do other than restart ASA every time I start a new flight?

Art

Hi Art,On the ASA Report Screen is Lock to Closest checked On?Thanks,

I am experiencing exactly the same thing with FS9 using the latest version of ASA (build 394).It is really frustrating since it already takes some time to load ASA and if I close MSFS and start it up again leaving ASA on, the weather will not be depicted. The only way to get the weather depicted is, like Art_P already mentions, start ASA and then start FS9. As for me, the lock to closest function is set on.Thanks,Alex

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

On the ASA Report Screen is Lock to Closest checked On?
Yes, I usually start my flight at KDAB and that is the station that ASA's initial report screen shows. I use a saved flight at KDAB and ASA replaces the saved weather. If I tried to restart the saved flight without restarting the ASA program, the saved flight weather would be active and would not change.After doing a lot of fiddling, I am now getting ASA weather on subsequent flights without restarting ASA. There is no banner indicating that ASA weather has started, but slowly the weather from the saved flight will change over to the ASA weather one element at a time. First the wind speed, then the wind direction slowly rotates around to the correct direction (or nearly so) and then the cloud cover will slowly change in stages. I guess this is the smoothing feature. I have tried to fiddle more and identify what was causing it not to work before, with no success.

Art

Hi Alex,It is really hard to reply to 2 users in one thread so if you still experience this after reading this thread, please start a new thread for me.For both of you some suggestions:Make sure to always start ASA before FS. It really helps if you wait until ASA is done with that first download and processing.Then start FS.Yes, if you start with a saved flight in FS, there is weather that is saved also and that is the first weather you will see. It may take 5-6 minutes for the new cycle to take place. As Art has found, he just needed to wait a bit more time.Thanks!