Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Need a 777 panel

Any good freeware or payware 777 panel with FMC? Not PSS (I already got it). Need it to place into POSKY 777. Preferably want something like the PSS one, just that the PSS POSKY merge isn't too good on APP and ILS.

There is nothing better than PSS. Sorry.

Preferably want something like the PSS one, just that the PSS POSKY merge isn't too good on APP and ILS.
I've been using the PSS/SMS 777 merge for years. Before that was the PSS/POSKY. Before that was the PSS/Meljet.And i've never had a problem with any of them.Maybe you should try to find a better merge.Or explain how you've done it here.Have you merged the panel to the aircraft? Or the aircraft to the panel?Cause it does make a differance.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I've merged the PSS panel into the POSKY model,e.g using "777 Panel Merge" by Tobias "N433TC" Gruber / Posky / PSS". Or you can type in merge on www.avsim.com obviously.File name is= posky_pss_777_merge.zipThe autothrottle on APP is hard to control once it catches the localizer, it just dips and increases throttle too much so climbs, passes the altitude hold and then descends, then the throttles loose power and then the plane looses too much power and descends too much.....you get what I mean. I tried changing the "Max_throttle_rate" ([autopilot] section in aircraft.cfg) to 0.03 as the POSKY originally came with-since I read that this could help in another forum.But yea, that's the case, I merged the PSS panel into the POSKY plane.Is there another working way? Please tell me. (I LOVE THE 777 AND WANT TO FLY POSKY WITH A FMC).Please give me the link or something.

Well that won't work to well. You need to backup everything in the PSS folder (whichever model you're using, 772 or 773) and move the POSKY model & paints into there.Keep a copy of the aircraft.cfg the PSS.air file panel & sound folders in the main folder.Using the Aircraft.cfg file. Edit it for the contact points & lights and model.By doing it this way, it allows you to still use the PSS load editor. And it flies much better.I'm at work right now, But..if you need a hand drop me a line and i'll try to help ya out.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

KK, thx, for helping, so can you give me instructions for this on this forum. Or upload it on avsim. Whats sections do I place into the aircraft.cfg from the original aircraft.cfg of the POSKY. And can I place textures into the model for eg a United 777-200 - will I have to place the United 777-200 model file into the new merge (IF IT WORKS FOR ME) and then edit cfg as usual.So, overall which sections will I have to edit into the PSS aircraft.cfg and will I be able to use any POSKY 777-200/ER/LR for the merge?

I've been using that merge since it was posted on avsim, with no problems. The merge, while not complex, has many steps. If they are not followed exactly, the result is a dog's breakfast of PSS and POSKY and it is not pretty.You might want to double check that all the details of the merge, as outlined in the aircraft.txt, panel.text and readme, are in place.Jim Harnes

It's just the APP and ILS that's hard, maybe because i've actually pressed APP before LOC, maybe that's the prob, but overall, once the plane catches the localizer it turn and descends........then you know what happens.

Yes you need to replace the contact points & lights section from the POSKY into the PSS aircraft.cfg.Chances are you'll need to edit the height to (another conversation all together).As for the model section. There are different models available. RRSAT, RRnoSAT PW, GE. so you'll need to put the correct model type in the model= part of the config.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Oh, thx Geddy_212, will try it, just keep tuned I will try your merge out, it worked with one 777-200ER COA and I edited some other things on it and it worked spendidly, but I forgot what I edited and deleted that folder cause it was a test, but thx, will get the SDK and see how to edit the height, cause when I just did what you told me before the 777-200 UAL's nose gear was not touching the ground, but thanks.Keep posted :( Didn't you mean change the "sim=" to match the PSS one, otherwise i'm just gonna copy the whole PSS 772LR folder-rename-and paste the POSKY one into it and keep it "model=".Any short way to fix the height?

PS: Can we just add the whole panel folder from PSS7704 so I can add the "POSKY_UTIL" into it, or is there anyway to add POSKY_UTIL when the Panel.cfg says Alias/.....?Will I need to add the "POSKY_Debug" into the merge then?

PS: Can we just add the whole panel folder from PSS7704 so I can add the "POSKY_UTIL" into it, or is there anyway to add POSKY_UTIL when the Panel.cfg says Alias/.....?Will I need to add the "POSKY_Debug" into the merge then?
Don't know what that is as I don't run the POSKY.But essentially what you

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Thx again, it's just the nose wheel that's off the ground when its above 0kts. Just need to fix that and it'll be sweet, i'm flying the 777 right now, testing.Damn.....the ILS is still hard, i had the merge sorted out before, the glide slope keeps going down and then up and then down and then up, that's the problem.OK, I think this will work........just place these into the new aircraft.cfg=[flight_tuning]cruise_lift_scalar = 1.00parasite_drag_scalar = 0.70induced_drag_scalar = 0.75elevator_effectiveness = 0.90 aileron_effectiveness = 1.75rudder_effectiveness = 1.00 pitch_stability = 1.00roll_stability = 1.00yaw_stability = 1.00elevator_trim_effectiveness = 0.40aileron_trim_effectiveness = 0.50rudder_trim_effectiveness = 0.50[GeneralEngineData]//JFDVD//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turbopropengine_type = 1fuel_flow_scalar = 0.950min_throttle_limit = -0.51engine.0 = 10.0, -32.583, -10.500engine.1 = 10.0, 32.583, -10.500I retrieved the COA 777-200ER file from the recycling bin and this was the merge that worked (I think). Please try it, just add these 2 sections, as well as the [lights] and [contact points] into the PSS aircraft.cfg, it might work, please give it a go, especially in ILS APP...