Sign in to follow this  
TTurbo

My plane falls on final. (Please need help)

It looks like a stall to me... check your speeds! experiment a little above that altitude: take-off, climb to safety altitude of your chice (e.g. 500ft, throttle back to 0% and deploy flaps and gear. Now let it slow down as you wotk to keep it stright & level. It will then stall, strting to pitch down and roll in some unpredicted way. OPuhs yoke forward, and apply full throttle.... once it starts to feel ok again, resume flying normally...During approach hold a faster speed than the stall spped found with the technique above next time!If I just told you some things you know really too well, you've probably got some scenery problems... try disabling crash detection and if the approach goes well, then your add-on scenery comes with the serious bug of an invisible wall that destroys your plane mid-air while approaching..!

signature.jpg

Hi Mario,?m real life pilot,the planes are not stalling,is a strange behaviour,seems like anybody(phantom)actuates the trim very quicky or pull the yoke and go down.My approachs speeds are correct for the landing weight......VREF+5 according landing flaps setting in MD11 (35 or 50) and light surface wind without whindshield.Alex.

It looks like a stall to me... check your speeds! experiment a little above that altitude: take-off, climb to safety altitude of your chice (e.g. 500ft, throttle back to 0% and deploy flaps and gear. Now let it slow down as you wotk to keep it stright & level. It will then stall, strting to pitch down and roll in some unpredicted way. OPuhs yoke forward, and apply full throttle.... once it starts to feel ok again, resume flying normally...During approach hold a faster speed than the stall spped found with the technique above next time!If I just told you some things you know really too well, you've probably got some scenery problems... try disabling crash detection and if the approach goes well, then your add-on scenery comes with the serious bug of an invisible wall that destroys your plane mid-air while approaching..!
I agree. The symptoms described are classic stall symptoms. It might be the stick shaker that is responsible for: "looks like "anybody" take the control and push the yoke to it

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Alex, are you using Active Sky, if so deactivate wake turbulence. I remember similar cases caused by the AS wake turbulence.

Alex, are you using Active Sky, if so deactivate wake turbulence. I remember similar cases caused by the AS wake turbulence.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I leave it on for the adrenaline rush tho. :( Cheers, Chris D

I have always tried to play with it on because of realism, but I find that the effect as extremely strong and render a plane complete uncontrolable unexpectedly...is this realistic?

I believe wake t. can be very nasty indeed. In RL though correct separation is instructed by ATC and there are systems on board which alert the crew in case of WT.I don't have AS so I don't know when it generates it and how well but judging from posts on the subject people seem to prefer to keep it deactivated. :(

You might also want to look at trim settings as a possible culprit. The FS9 autopilot's pitch function works by altering the trim settings and they may well be extreme when you engage the autopilot. What you may have to do is disengage the autopilot earlier, center your elevator trim settings manually and then land.Worth a look, IMHO.

Guest napamule

Stall, maybe. But you probably need to get FSUIPC and use that to disable wind(s) and cancel the control surface 'spikes' to 'tame' that wild Yoke. Just my 2 cents.Chuck BNapamule

Hello to all flightsimersThis is one of my first post in this forum, and I've exactly the same problem, but to me is with all overland's airpalnes, in special with 777's, and I have AS, and FSUPIC, unchained, Im gonna check your advices, with this two programs, desabilng the wake turbulence, and adjusting the wind settings, and more advices about this problem will be welcomed because this problem is very awfull in one of the most exiting part of FS that is the Final aproach.

its wake turbulence in AS, im 99% sure. :( check that first