Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmerry

carenado arrow trim

Guest tmerry

I love the Carenado Arrow 1V but can't work out how to set the take off trim correctly. The trim wheel has no indicator that I can see to set take off trim. Any ideas gladly recieved.tmerry :(

I love the Carenado Arrow 1V but can't work out how to set the take off trim correctly. The trim wheel has no indicator that I can see to set take off trim. Any ideas gladly recieved.tmerry :(
As you have no `feel` without correct force feedback, do it slightly differently in the sim than you might in real life. Set trim right in the middle, then begin your take-off run, put slight back pressure on the stick or yoke, then apply up trim until the aircraft leaves the ground. That will place you in-trim for the initial climb out and makes adjustment for gear and flaps relatively easy.HTH

As you have no `feel` without correct force feedback, do it slightly differently in the sim than you might in real life. Set trim right in the middle, then begin your take-off run, put slight back pressure on the stick or yoke, then apply up trim until the aircraft leaves the ground. That will place you in-trim for the initial climb out and makes adjustment for gear and flaps relatively easy.HTH
Had the same issue... From the pilot seat you cannot "see" the ttrim indicator as it is almost under your butt. If you move your viewpoint to the right (towards the right seat) a little bit and look down you will be able to see the trim indicator. It is there, just very tough to find and see...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Had the same issue... From the pilot seat you cannot "see" the ttrim indicator as it is almost under your butt. If you move your viewpoint to the right (towards the right seat) a little bit and look down you will be able to see the trim indicator. It is there, just very tough to find and see...-Paul
What I do is to hit the "A" key to change to the right seat view. Then I can see the trim wheel ok and can set the t.o. trim. I am assuming that the little square symbol on the trim wheel housing is the t.o. trim indicator.Having said that, I still can't seem to get the plane to smoothly leave the ground. It kind of unsticks and leaps off the ground. May have to experiment a little more and set the t.o. trim a little differently.Jim

If you do not want to move your eyepoint, to see the trim indicator, you can move the mouse pointerto the top of the trim wheel. A tooltip shows up and gives you the trim reading.Carenado has 8 degrees marked as the recommended take-off setting, I usually set it to 9 degreesand one notch of flaps.When I reach 80 kts, I pull back on the yoke and hold it with back pressure until the aircraftleaves the ground. Once airborne, I release the pressure and pull up the gear etc

Bert

What I do is to hit the "A" key to change to the right seat view. Then I can see the trim wheel ok and can set the t.o. trim. I am assuming that the little square symbol on the trim wheel housing is the t.o. trim indicator.Having said that, I still can't seem to get the plane to smoothly leave the ground. It kind of unsticks and leaps off the ground. May have to experiment a little more and set the t.o. trim a little differently.Jim
From other treads, I understand, that the real airplane was underpowered and As you wrote: It kind of unsticks and leaps off the ground. This was, as I understand it, due to the high tail, so Carenado is doing a nice job with the air.file It would be great to hear of experiences from real Warior IV pilots.KindlyJakob Arnholtz

Guest tmerry

Thanks guys problem solved, tool tips and a view from the right side did the trick.It still leaps off the ground though!!!

Thanks for this, I noticed the trim was kinda wacky in the first place.... Paul, how are you doing?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |