Sign in to follow this  

Wanted: small but fast sightseeing aircraft with high wings

I just posted in another topic I hardly buy new aircraft because I got all I want. But it made me think about what I don't have... :( and that's a small aircraft suited for VFR (sightseeing), so high wings, but with a lot of speed. Most speedy planes I know have low wings and they spoil the view...Anyone knows a plane with a (awesome looking) VC that's great for looking around (so not too big), that has high wings (so the view won't be blocked) but that also has high speed (cruising at 200 kts. Or more. :( )

You could always try going inverted LOL.More seriously, not quite capable of 200 knots, but fast all the same, is the Cessna 210 Centurion, which I think I'm right in saying Carenado do a version of. It can do about 180 knots if I recall correctly, is high winged, and has retractable gear. I don't have it myself, but needless to say, if Carenado make it, it will clearly have a good virtual cockpit.As an off the wall suggestion, you could also consider the Aerospatiale Gazelle Helicopter, which is great for VFR. Granted it only does 168 knots, but you won't find many aircraft which have a better view downwards.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here